Beyond the Black Throne: an Interactive Serial

A few weeks back, I started an interactive serial featuring The Dungeon Lord: a generic fantasy bad guy who had hoped to make a living torturing and robbing thieves and heroes who he traps in his dungeon. Unfortunately, he soon finds that all the intruders he catches are all suspiciously eager to be tied up and whipped, and the whole thing makes him so uncomfortable that he feels forced to come up with a new career. Needless to say, it's lighthearted in tone, and features South Park-style cut-out animation and illustrations.

Being interactive, the story is dictated by reader suggestions. I'm not looking for writers or artists to contribute text or artwork (though that would be cool!)--I need people to suggest things for the Dungeon Lord to do, to move the story along and allow me to write new instalments of the serial. As there are a few chapters online already, those should hopefully make it clear how the whole thing works. If you're familiar with, say, Homestuck, you'll find this follows a similar format.

Leaving a suggestion is easy: just type it into the comments box. You don't need to make an account or even give your email (just ignore the box that asks for it). You can find the most recent update here, or start at the beginning here. The story updates every Friday.
Comments1
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In