Pricing help with paypal commissions

Comment hidden
Comments11
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
80 points equal exactly $1.

At the rate of a full colour drawing worth 600:points: that equals to $7.50. For a sketch or lineart worth 200:points: that equals to $2.50.

I hope that this helps. :)
I've heard about it, I didn't know the exact amount of points and cash. It's going to help me, thank you ^^
You're welcome! :hug:
As a customer, these point prices seem very fair.  

The dilemma you describe is a dilemma all businesses of all sizes face:  That is, what will the market bear?  

Most of us can do the math and convert the points price to the dollar price.  If you price yourself higher with money than you do with points, you might lose customers.

Now, I know you are strapped for money, so you have the classic volume vs. price points question to solve.  That is, Walmart vs. Harrod's or Bergdorf-Goodman.  

If you price yourself really high, you won't have much business, but what little business you have will bring you lots of money.  (Just be careful about pricing yourself out of the market--if you price yourself significantly higher than your competition, you'd better offer something really unique and hard-to-find, or exceptionally artistic, beyond what's available from most artists here).

Or you could price yourself lower and go for lots of orders (which would keep you EXTREMELY busy) and make money off the volume.  You'd attract many more customers, especially if you offer something out of the ordinary.  As I say, though, the downside is being VERY busy.

What it really comes down to, like with any company, is you have to offer something very different but in demand.  Business school tells us you have to choose two of the following three things when you establish your business, and always stay on top of that, or change if the market changes.  You choose low price, high quality, and excellent service...but you can only do two of those things, realistically, and stay in business.  So decide, and whatever you offer, do it as well as you possibly can.  

Good luck! You do really nice work.
Thank you very much for taking your time in helping me 
Your comment was very helpful
Thank you again Hug 
Oh, I'm glad to hear it! Good luck, you do really good work! I would commission you but I'm spending my money on real person commissions...
Thank you ^-^ 
No problem, maybe in another time? c: