Writer URGENTLY needed for 4 page supernatural comic story

Good Evening all!

Before I go any further I just want to mention who this project is more or less tailored towards as this is a purely collaborative (Non Paying) :

[*] A writer that has spare time and simply wants to work on his/her craft
[*] A writer that preferably has some published work (but all are welcome)
[*] A writer that wants to contribute to a budding company
[*] And lastly, a writer that can push out short quality stories quickly and effectively

I am producing a supernatural horror story that deals with all things Monsters, Mayhem and mystery.. with a slice of life mixed in between. Lots of ideas brewing here and it's looking to be built into 2-3 graphic novels. Hoping to be published 
mid 2015.

At the present time.. my main writer is on break. So there are times like these when I will need a writer for 4-6 page stories. This comic book story in particular is a simple 4 page story, a prelude/introduction of sorts of one of the main female characters which is a vampire. I have the basic premise, ideas and character(s) set in place. So all I really need is a very talented writer to piece it all together with a narrative giving it some real weight, even if it is only 4 pages.

Deadline : I actually will need this rather quick.. say a few hours (half day) to a day. I'd like to have the comic created.. inked/drawn and colored by the 30th. So yes, time is the essence. My contact email is below.. hope to hear from some of you. This may lead to paid work further down the road.

When submitting : if you have published work awesome, even if not.. send your small comic style scripts for review. 4-12 pages would be the best to evaluate.

I will respond most likely early tomorrow morning.. as I will be going over submissions. Thanks again!!

-Chris E.
edboomstick@gmail.com
PS) you may note me here on DA.
Comments11
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Hi Chris E, did you get my email, with a short story submission? also posted it on your forum request page.. Is everything ok?  Thanks Kali (saveworld)
P.S. I don't normally write lol, I am an artist and scientist normally, so I really don't know if it's any good to you ?

You said you were needing something quickly so I tried my best ?

Good luck

Kali
Hi, I'm afraid your going to have to format the script into comic style yourself, To make life easier, ,,,,There are only 2 characters in this script,,,,, Tom and the darkness being, and there is no dialogue, (no words) just few thoughts, so it really is just a case of adding pictures to script, there's plenty of good pictures on Deviantart to do this, if you ask people if you can use their pics...

I would say 9 to 15 pics with words in next to pics, an bubbles containing thoughts...

I have to go to work, but if you still finding it difficult, I will help later...

It's completely original, I wrote it (made it up) last night

Good luck
Yes, everything is ok... lol. Just got up bout an hour ago. Early here. 
Anyways, would you happen to have any formatted comic book style scripts? 
That's what we are going for, so the comic can be made quick and smoothly panel to panel.
tnx.
Thanks for your reply.. going through submissions now. Will take until say 12-1 to get back with you. Tnx Tom.
Tom Hawkes had been driving for hours and had got lost, through no fault of his own, somehow this place, this deserted derelict town and it's graveyard had eluded the map makers, and made his G.P.S. system crazy, and dance back and forth, either side of the town, he stopped the car to try and get his bearings, and de-stress after driving around for hours in what seemed like circles, a break was needed, he opened a can of drink and lent against the warm car body, mist seemed to obscure any chance of gaining any idea of where he was.
Moonlight lit the grave stones in front of him, and the mist gently and slowly weaved around the grave stones, as if possessed by spirits searching for something.
He felt a cold shiver go through him and could feel the hairs stand up on his arms.
'It's just a empty town and graveyard' he told himself, the superficial logic normally acted as a nice reassuring warm blanket around his mind, but not this time, he could feel something behind him, watching him, how could his feelings defy his logic.
Maybe it was the loneliness? 
The eerie feeling kept on nagging, so he turned to look behind him anyway, to satisfy his morbid curiosity, as if pitting the feelings of the supernatural against hard scientific logic, and this was the test to answer his question, nothing was there, just darkness and mist.

He would ignore the feelings and venture into the graveyard, just to prove the point to himself, nothing was there, his feelings were wrong.

He started to walk towards the graveyard noticing some of the gravestones were broken in half, and heard a twig snap behind him and turned his head sharply, again nothing was there, he felt a shiver up his spine and tried to shrug it off.

'How could a town without people or food stores possibly be a threat to me'  he thought,' there couldn't possibly be people without food stores? what would they eat?' 'what would they drink?'

Some of the graves had been emptied and soil was upturned at the sides, he thought of his mother who had passed on telling him those scary bedtime story's about how when a person died their light would leave them and leave a darkness behind, like a dark empty hole in the Earth, and all the negativity and regrets would be left to rot with the body, and haunt the Earth, gradually the Earth would take on more and more dark spirits, who watched and waited.

It was story's like these that had driven him to science, but now his faith in science was been tested, he shone the torch into the empty hole of the grave, it seemed darker than it should be?

As if he could not see to the bottom of the grave?

He would test science against superstition again by examining rather than fearing what lay beyond his feet.

Tom hastily jumped down into the grave landing on a coffin?

'Ah ha' he said to himself, so it does have a bottom, and it's not infinite darkness.
This validating had gone on most of his life, but in well lit towns, here the rules had changed, a scratching came from inside the coffin, mist crept in and out of the empty grave hole.

The clouds moved in front of the moon.

He had to just pull off the lid of the coffin, and check to see what was inside, 'probably just a mouse or a rat' he thought.

He started to pull the lid of the coffin up, it was stiff at first, welded shut with dirt and age, but suddenly it came free and started to move, a creak and a small gap opened with dust and old air coming out, it wasn't heavy so he started to pull it up, with his fingers clasped around the edge of the rim, but suddenly the coffin lid became heavier, as if it took on weight, and moved back downwards to the closed position?

Puzzled he tried again to lift it?

His torch started to fail, the light flickered, the beam dimmed, the darkness crept in around him, he pulled at the coffin lid with all his might, to pull it open, but something seemed to be pulling it shut.  he wouldn't be beaten, facing his fears was what Tom was all about, but it was getting darker and quickly, so he tried again.

The coffin lid seemed to weigh a ton, but inch by inch it came up, until he could wedge a stone in the small gap to hold it open, the he reached his arm inside the coffin to see if something was stopping it from lifting up, he felt something smooth brush pass his skin.

He put his head down close to the gap to get a look and shone the torches weak beam inside, he could see a thin grey anorexic face with black eyes staring at him, he jumped backwards, a hand came out and grabbed his arm and started to pull him downwards.

He screamed and yelped, 'aaaargggh' as if touched by some grotesque creepy crawly, and tried to free himself from it's grip, but it was to late, his torch failed almost completely, and the glow of his digital watch become more comparatively bright, it said 3:00am, the grey withered hand grabbing at his sunk it's nails into his flesh, then the hand turned to blackness, and seemed to suck the flesh from his arm, as if it were trying to pull the life out from him, he tried to pull away but it was so strong, it pulled him further downwards towards the gap in the coffin, the face came upwards and the black eye's stared straight into his soul, as if it knew he had walked into it's territory and it had the right to devour him.

Another grey and withered arm came out of the coffin gap and grabbed at Tom's shoulder, digging it's nails in and starting to pull at his flesh.

The creature's teeth bashed up and down as if ghashing and then it smiled, the most evil smile.

It's grey teeth were jagged with sharp points and maggots crawled around them with a black background.

His heart almost jumped out of his chest.

Suddenly the coffin lid was off and the creature was getting up and opening it's mouth as it moved towards his neck.

He tried to move away from it, but it just turned blacker and seemed to have such a grip on him it moved with him and towards him still, he felt like he was going to lose his soul, the one thing this darkness didn't have, the one thing it lost, the one thing it desired.

It sunk it jagged teeth into his throat sucking the life out of him, he could feel himself becoming weaker and weaker, quickly he was turning grey, and a red colour was returning to the cheeks of the grey and black corpse.

He began to black out.

By early morning just before sunrise, the car was still parked at the side of the cemetery, but now Tom's body was in the grave, and in the car was an elderly looking woman, with grey skin and blood around her mouth, refreshed and ready to begin her journey to civilisation.
I state it in the first sentence.. Purely collaborative... meaning non paying. 
I thought you said the need was urgent. Oh well.
So when does urgent mean that  it means paying? lol
Collaborative mean working together. ;-)