AT Comics - Looking for Launch Titles

Hello,

I've used these forums for a number of projects and I know the typical responses of some. So let me state that I do not believe art is "all the work" of a project. It's a half and half between the creator of the design and the person that puts idea to paper. Now that does NOT mean I value an artist any less than everyone else; I appreciate the hard work artists do and I have worked with a good bit of very talented artists in my field. 

Next some credibility I guess needs to be established. I'm Sky Copeland, founder of Fishagon, LLC. It's a small game studio that has published 4 games since it's launch in late 2012 with many more lined up for release (awaiting final proofing of art). We are also soon venturing into major production with our first Kickstarter coming up. Small prints have been done for our games and we've never walked away from a convention with remaining stock. 

Fishagon however is expanding and we'd like to make a branch studio to publish comics. Our plan is to create a site of webcomics published under AT Comics (due not AT is abbreviated for the actual name of the studio; not announced until initial press release), these will be quality web-comics we believe to fit our standards and focus of genre.

Do you know what a deus ex machina is? Well say you have an OC who's faced with a problem that seems unsolvable based on prior information of the character. The deus ex is when you, the writer, give this character a whole new ability or trait to resolve the situation. ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deus_ex_… ) now some might consider this a cheap trick of storytelling, but I feel it takes true skill to do one correctly.

In short, we are looking for comics with highly developed characters, themes, and plots that will push the luck of their characters to the highest potential. 

Art style? Well that's the real trick. We want our website's viewers to know they will find quality comics at our site, so we have to uphold a level of standards. That doesn't mean I want to slash at a strange art-style in fact I'd rather have your unique take on art than a generalized one. Let's just make sure the illustrations aren't done by a 5-year old. Again, WE EVALUATE ALL FORMS OF ART EQUALLY.

--------------------What's in it for you? 

Now I feel the main question you're going to ask me is if I'm asking you to go though all the work of dedicating your project to a publisher and you get nothing out of it. Of course that's not what I'm asking, nor will I ask you do it for exposure. 

Although I cannot offer cash deals up-front with this start up business model I can make contracts with you that we can both agree upon being fair to both parties. As I have done with artists for Fishagon games & third party designers that have signed their game over to us, I will always try to give you more than the industry standard as much as I can without cutting out of the companies pocket. 

YOU WILL EARN MONEY IN SOME WAY OR FORM, but it won't be one sided, you will have your fair share of work. This could include promoting and more! (I offer convention support for all my projects and the comics we pick up will be no different.)

------------------- What's AT Comics current standing?

The website is currently being designed by a programming major whom I have complete faith in to create a wonderful website for AT Comics! As well I am currently lining up marketing with "Geek" news casting channels and websites. The comics we are looking to take into the company will be the "Launch Titles" that will dictate how well we do within the first year. (The deals we make now will be better than they ever will!)

------------------ How can I submit my comic? 

1st ask yourself this, does anyone other than yourself own the rights to the comic or characters? Yes? Please do not submit it to us. We are looking for limited exclusivity. If you own all the rights than please feel free.

Once you've finished that easy question you can send me a note on here with samples of your comics or a storyboard.

I know however that not all comics are finished, If you're a writer without an illustrator send me a script, if we sign it we will assist in finding an illustrator for the project.  

Are you an illustrator looking to draw a universe? Contact us about projects we've acquired! We will try our best to pair you with a writer and get a project underway!

Web Programmer? Well we won't be need of any outside of our in-house coder once the website is completely finished, but I'm sure we could work out a short-term contracted deal to get your help!

-----------------------------

Thank you all so much for reading this and I hope you will consider this possibility!

Yours Truly,
Sky D. Copeland
President of Fishagon LLC, and future AT Comics. 
Comments5
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
UPDATE 2: Thank you for the notes guys. Speaking for AT Comics, we are no longer accepting pre-production comics.

Anymore applying comics are to be in the illustration phase of production or ready for publication. 

Again, Thank you to everyone who has contacted us so far.
I sended a note. Bumping this thread.
UPDATE: We are also looking for a writer to assist in the creator of our own launch title, if you'd be interested in writing about an overly-stereotypical hillbilly American who always has a streak of good luck living his life by the roll of a die, please contact us ASAP! We have an illustrator lined up!
We've loved the scripts submitted to us so far! Keep it coming!

if you have any questions feel free to ask here!