CONTEST!... AGAIN!... THIRD TIME!

Comment hidden
Comments31
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
THIS IS STILL ON!

:stare: not forcing you to make one, you don't have to, no one is forcing you to make a character.

If you don't want a character in the story, oh well :shifty: your choice lads and lasses, no rule that says you have to make one =P

Heheheheh
That's silly. Why would we make a character for you to use exclusively, without any prizes or money or anything given back to the artist for their hard work? :bucktooth:

If you can't offer anything to give back to the artist, then design a character yourself :shrug: Some people are willing to do these things for free, sure, but then call it what it is: you want someone to design you a character for free. Don't make it sound like it could be potentially fun (ie, a contest) when there's nothing we get out of it. That's not a contest, it's just you asking for free shit. And no, the "privilege" of having our hard work become Ash Ketchum's friend in your fanfic is not a prize :pat:
I don't absolutly need the character, I just thought maybe some would want a character in the story
to take that place,
jeez.

I'm not asking for free stuff, :stare: if I was I wouldn't be hosting a contest.

And I have nothing to offer anyone, I don't have Points, but I can offer a character in the story, hell if someone wants then I can draw them something or feature their art if they want.

:stare: What's wrong with Ashy boy?

UGH! Three times I've done this... that's it, I give... I'm done...

//leavesroom
You are asking for free stuff, essentially. Your only payment is including the character in your story. That isn't payment, it's just something you're going to do. It doesn't matter that you're calling it a contest, it's basically just you asking a bunch of people to draw you something so you can pick your favorite to put in your fanfic.

Saying you have nothing to offer is a weak excuse. If you don't have anything to offer, try getting something to offer (points are not expensive, money is a good option, and hell, even offering art or features might get you somewhere, but those are usually best supplemented with other things). Alternately, ask people if they would donate prizes. People do that a lot for some reason. Anything's more than the winner's character being used in your fanfic :roll:
Who said it was payment? its fir fun, you don't have to do it.
And you write out a character, not draw it.

Well I'm done so I'm not doing this, any drive I had for this is gone... just gone.

It is the only excuse I have! I don't have any points decent enough, and I'm fucking broke irl,
don't even get me started on that.

Well then, fine... if its not then I am done, I'll just continue it and not let anyone take any part in it.

Well, my day is ruined.
Calling it a contest implies that there will be some reward or payment :bucktooth:

If you give up so easily, then you weren't that into it anyway. Probably all for the best :pat:

If you're broke irl, then maybe spend less time trying to mash together a "contest" for your fanfic and work towards getting monies? :shrug:

Oh bless, your whole day's ruined because someone pointed out a flaw in your contest? Slap a band-aid on that paper-thin skin and move on.
Well when you do something three times and it fails three times then you tend to feel a little shitty afterwards

:stare: the reward is being a part of the magic.
And I was very into this thank you, I've been asking people if they wanted a character in my stories for two years, because I wanted them to be a part of the magic then by more then just reading, thank you very much!
I had an entire thing planned for the future actually.

So excuse me for wanting people to be a part of this... my bad.

... I've been trying to get money for ten years now, it is not possible when you're in my area.

Yep, it is. a flaw? no, not just one flaw, a whole bunch of shitton of flaws... this was just adding onto the pile.
Perhaps for a second, but usually if it's worth working harder at, I get off my sorry as and try again :shrug: Nobody would get anywhere in life if they gave up after three tries.

What magic? It's a fanfic.

Then move if there's no money in your area. You're full of excuses :pat: There was nothing for me in my area, so I moved to a new country. If I can do that, you can find somewhere else to live where there is money. However, your page says you're nineteen. So what, you've been trying to "get money" since you were nine? Bullshit, you've only been working age for like three years.

You got me, it wasn't just one flaw, it was like an entire drum of flaws. Or a desk of flaws. Or a pallet of them. Every plan has flaws. You're not going to fix them by giving up and writing a big fat whine-journal about it. Like I said, if everybody gave up what they were doing after three tries, we'd still be stuck in the stone age.
View all replies
It sounds like you've been having trouble with getting people interested in your contests, is that right?
Ehhh, the first two times it was a flunk cause it wasn't planned out right ^^;
It was to make me some maps the first time, but I didn't have any good refs so it was massively confusing, the second time was the same... and more idiotic on my part.

But this time its more simpler, just make a character and do your best, whichever I think looks the best will be accepted.
Its a Character Creation Contest, you make a character which could appear in my story which I am writing.
So... making a character, is the prize...

Its a massive crossover with Pokémon at the helm.

huntern05.deviantart.com/art/E…

That is the first chapter.
Oh. So I guess this would only interest your readers, then.
Well, its for anyone really :/

You can submit a character if you want, the story's going to be real long and full of a lot of stuff that'll throw you for a loop.
I'm not interested in fan-fiction, and the prize is only worth it if I'm a reader of your story.

The problem you've got is that you're only creating contests that fall into a specific interest, which attracts a very small audience. Why not make it more exciting, like a proper literature contest with a theme or prompt? Depending on the prizes, I would be interested in joining that type of contest. But this one? Not really. :/
View all replies