Looking for OC to use as characters in a tradable card game

I'm currently working on a new card game in a science fiction setting where characters either attempt to seize control of a space ship or have to defend their ship against an attack.

I have most of the work done for this already but now am looking for characters to add to the roster and was wondering if anyone would like to volunteer any OCs to participate.

Only artwork of the characters and a basic name would be needed, although a description of the character and details of any skills or abilities they may have would also be useful.

Particularly powerful or 'magical' abilities would not be able to be included in the game, as this may give the character an unfair advantage during play. Anything which would be physically possible in a real world situation could be accepted, or even something which could be explained away with hi-tech science, gadgets or gizmos.

As this is a sci-fi setting rather than fantasy I'd prefer human characters, or at least humanoid, but would be willing to consider any character which could be classed as alien, robotic or otherwise exotic. Cyborgs, mutants, alien hybrids and other augmented humans would be warmly welcomed.

The finished cards would use this template:

Boarding Party Character Card by ExusTerra

The space on the left is for the character's name or basic description (such as 'The Builder', or 'Mad-Dog Harry') while the spaces on the right are for the character's Grace (combat ability or skill), Power (strength or accuracy), Speed (...umm ...how quick they move) and Toughness (how much damage they can take before falling over).

The larger space on the right is for the character's skill points, which are used during gameplay for a variety of special actions, attacks and effects. Skill points are divided between Command, Security, Engineering and Medical and each character may have a total of five points split between these four fields.
Comments15
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I heard spaceship! :la: Idk if I might be able to help, but 2 of my OCs are in a space-like universe and use spaceships? lol I have an alien hybrid girl and a space pirate if you'd like? haha It's hard to imagine them being part of a card game or something lmao *coughcoughyugiohcough*
Both sound like they could work well, especially the space pirate. :) Do you have links to pictures I could use for them, and a basic idea of their skills?
OMG Sorry I didn't respond, I haven't been on DA for a while... O_O' Um... Luna (the girl in my icon) is a space pirate. She's pretty handy with a gun and hand-to-hand combat. Yoko, the alien girl, can transform into a cute little alien thing but can use psychic powers in either form. I don't really have a good pic for her, this is the only one I have on DA: fav.me/d6dnaam . I could be able to draw a full-scale version of her if you like? lol 
I have a few characters that might work. :3

Tate Drawing by ScarecrowLullaby  Tate by ScarecrowLullaby  (Does not have ears or tail) Tate Willows. He is a psychopath that is highly gifted with technology. He can dismantle a starship in mere days, and he can recreate it in just over a week. He has street fighting skills as he is a thief and sometimes needs to fight. His pain tolerance is through the roof. He is 19. I can give more details upon request. ^^

Stephen by ScarecrowLullaby  Stephen Sassy by ScarecrowLullaby  Stephen Johnson. Stephen is a ship pilot. He can fly a starship in any condition and in any style. He is experienced in war and has a very high intelligence level and is good at improvising. His hand to hand combat skills are top notch. He has skills in technology and as a merchant. 
The first image of Stephen could work, do you have a copy without the web address on it? I'd have to switch out the background to something a little more 'spaceship' but that's only a quick alteration.

Tate would make for a good character too, but do you have a clearer image for him?
I don't sadly. That's the only version I have. 

Would this work for tate?

Tate by ScarecrowLullaby  
This is what I have for Tate...
Tate Willows character card by ExusTerra

I've made him into a highly skilled fighter with a mixture of technical and combat skills but no special inherent ability in combat. This will make him a very useful support character with enough skill to help in combat effectively when required.
Oh wow, that's awesome! I love it!
What style of drawing? Real, semi-real, anime, cartoon?
Real or semi-real would be best, but I'd accept anime or cartoon if the quality was high. The sort of level I'd be looking at would be something like... wasashu.deviantart.com/art/Che…
Cool. I had an idea for a cyborg doctor with xray vision.
Sounds good, and very useful. :)
how are you getting the cards made? have been curious about this type of thing for awhile now.
At the moment it's just print'n'play, which is where the decks are published as a .png or PDF for people to print themselves.

Once I've got the final deck built I'll be getting a local print service to run off decks of 54 cards per pack, but that's not likely to be until next year at the very earliest. I already have some contacts with industrial quality printing equipment which can produce decks by the thousand, but they're too pricey to deal with until the final product is completed.