Looking for Fakemon Game Creators and ROM Hackers!

I need help turning my region into a real game! I need someone who can help me make tiles, sprites, and help with dialogue and game coding! Multiple people would be great, so if you're reading the comments and don't think it's worth offering because someone else did, you're dead wrong. The more the merrier!

My Region:
champion-frita.deviantart.com/…

Thanks guys!
~Frita
Comments52
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Rom hacking?

It takes tonnes of time and effort, I'll need my tools back if you want help with the dialogue - it depends on what pokemon rom you want me to hack?

I've hack 1st and 2nd Gens currently to my own playthroughs, altered starters with ease and changed where Pokemon can appear. But I'll help if you want. C:

GBA roms I'm rather good at anyway.
Really? That's great! I really like the vibrant style of the Hoenn Region games, but those are more complex than GenI and Gen2.
I've got better practice with Gen 2 than any other gen, but I'm sure I could attempt a Gen 3 modding! :D I agree, Hoenn's Region has some of the best colours on offer at the moment.

Fire Red is also a good rom to hack as well, easily hacked.
FireRed and LeafGreen were good ones too! I'm still on the fence on whether or not this is actually considered a hack or not based on what I wanted to accomplish. 
Well, if you need me, send a note over C:
I definitely will!
Great to hear! :D
I'll most likely be using the Fire Red engine to do it. C:
View all replies
Well hello there.
First of all, ROM Hacking, is the process of modifying a video game ROM image to alter the game's graphics, dialogue, levels, gameplay, or other elements. I'm not anyhow familiar with that kind of techniques. From what I understood you want to transform your idea into a game. Therefore, more information such as programming language and software would be useful if anyone else has jumped on board. You can create a game with lots of programs. I could give you a hand of help if you found the ones to work on the visual side. More information about the game would be great to have so people would know whether it is a catalog of fakemons where you can read info about each, their powers, interests, whatever or a more interactive game where you have battles between monsters and what so ever.
I planned on making it a full game with a plotline and everything. ^^
Well there's still much to take in consideration...
That's why I have asked for more information.
Yes, I know. I'm working on getting Sprites if my Fakemon and also on the script right now. :)
Nice to see some fellow hackers out there. I don't think I'll play a big part in this hack as I have myown to worry about, but I suggest you head over to pokecommunity.com
I already have. ^^ No one there seems willing to help me. :/
Its reeeaaally time consuming.
Very fun, though.
Well...good luck!
What do you mean by ROM? Your talking about hardware or somekind of software on your computer.
I'm just going off what other people have told me about fangames. I've been told making a fangame is sometimes called ROM Hacking.
Ohhh ROM hacking seems to be a lot of work, might be easier to just create a new fakemon game all together.