LGBT project!

Alright, so I've been thinking of doing a photography project for the LGBT community...but I can't come up with idea's that I think will look good as subjects and concepts for the photo's. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions and/or ideas.

Also, I was thinking of making this a larger project and making a group for it here on DA, allowing anyone to submit photo's concerning the LGBT community to help make gay marriage legal.
Comments34
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I think it would be interesting to have a contests of love expressed in different genders and bodies, eg intersex, transgendered people. We don't get very much love. =/

Anyways, great idea! I hope you the best! Maybe I'll even pull out my camera and try too.
c: Great idea! I'm Transsexual, I'm lucky enough to have someone that accepts me for it, but it really is hard being the minority of the minority and having someone that loves you even though you're so different.

Thanks :3 Link me to your pictures if you do! I'd love to see them
You could always do satrical work based on the unfounded fears people have who are against LGBT marriage. Like take a photo of two in a normal intimate setting, like hugging or holding hands then draw some dodgy demonic features (horns, tails etc) on them and be all like, "These people are so evil their true nature is showing through the photo!" I dunno, my angle is always to ridicule people who believe stuff like that. :B
Haha, that would be interesting X33 I'll think about that, thanks for the idea!
Have the pictures show that love between all type of people doesn't look all that different?
Let me know if you make a group, I'll join :)
I'll try that, it's hard to get people that want to be in pictures though ;-;

And I will c:!
Well best of luck to you! Wish I could be of more help.
Haha, thanks and no worries ^^
Take pictures of LGBT couple's hands doing stuff together, and give it a 'Love is blind' caption.

...guh that sounded cooler in my head lol
Haha, thanks for the suggestion. c: I think I'll spin off that idea and do a picture of a LGTB couple kissing with their eyes covered with something with the caption, "love is blind" ;o Or somethin' like that.

Anyways, thanks for the idea!
Sure :D

Wait, were you planning to do one picture, or like a series?
A series c: Maybe one for each letter in LGBTQ, since it's soooo much longer actually.
Ah, very cool :D

Good luck with that~
Thank ya very much ^^
One of the reasons why I don't like living in Australia.. ;n; I was doing a petition before, but I didn't have much time to spare for it, so hopefully I can get to that again.

And I'm not really sure what ideas you could do..Maybe try having a look around somewhere on the internet? Sorry I don't really have anything...But if you ever make that group, I will definitely join. :D
That really sucks c:

And I have XD Looking at some DA groups have helped, and thanks c: I'll tell you if I do :P
Yeah. D: I'm very behind on a lot of things.. ^^;
((notbehindonhomeworkoranything))

haha, well that's fantastic! I'm really happy for what you're doing! :D
And please do! Thank you, and you're welcome! :tighthug:
Haha, I know the feeling :PP

And thanks, I have a two pictures up already :o After I get more photos done I'll probably make a group considered I found this new online petition site :D It could really be useful~
hahaha, yeah! xD

You're most welcome! hfiehgwbgujwbr! You do? I must see them! :happybounce:
Wow! Do tell if you ever decide on making this group! It's a very fantastic idea! :D :glomp:
Haha, they're in my gallery c: [link] Le link
bfiewjbfjiwebhfbhwrjbfhjbgnjrngjirnjw! These are truly amazing! They're brilliant ideas and I really do look forward to seeing more! <3
View all replies
Well, whatever you do come up with, I wish you good luck on it ^^
(I think there might be some groups out there about this; maybe you can look through it ^^)
I am fortunate to be where it is legal ^^