Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 17, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

Lord of the Rings Guitar Design - Ideas Needed!

:iconvivsters:
vivsters Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Hello all!

I am working on a Lord of the Rings Guitar Design. It'll be similar to some of my previous guitar designs in that I'll use sharpie markers. See my guitar [link], a Ghilbi-inspired guitar [link], generic pattern on guitar [link], and a sea themed ukulele [link].

So the next one I'm working on will be Lord of the Rings themed, which can include all the settings/locations, magical and mystical things, characters, creatures, etc. from the trilogy. I have some basic ideas of what I will include (the Nazgul, Minas Tirith, Mordor, The Shire, Ent, etc.) but there are simply so many things in the Lord of the Rings that I really can't remember them all! So if you have any suggestions of what to draw, please let me know! I would also really appreciate if you posted links to some reference pictures :)

Thanks for helping out! :hug:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondwbloodfin:
DWBloodfin Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
Well, is it electric, acoustic, it's hard to design without a few small details. One thing you could do is have the seven rings as dots on the fret board, that would be a great place to start.
vivsters Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
It's an acoustic guitar (sorry for not making it clear!)

That's a great idea!! I didn't think about doing anything on the fret board... Thanks!
:iconwyntry:
Wyntry Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
Well, there is a lot to cover when it comes to such a triology of this magnitude. You can base it off the landscape, picking key moments in the history of the book, even events in the storyline. Moutain of Mordor, the one ring, you have the ring wraiths, those giant eagles, you have the fellowship, the city of gondor, the fortress of helms deep, of course, Gollum, then you got the elves, the dwarves, humans, hobbits, the shire, and practically almost anything of that sort, Rivendell, and the Mines of Moria. My

Then again, you could look at it as light and dark, you have the orcs and goblins and trolls, and mordor, and Saruman on one side, and then you have the fellowship on the others, the ring in the middle. In the end, this is just me talking, and it will look far cooler than any idea I can bring up. I hope this inspires ya.

P.S. My friend loves the writing styles of elves and the like. You could always find one of those online... google search, and they will most likely have the whole alphabet.
Yeah, I think it would be really cool if there's a concept instead of just a huge collage of everything. I will be doing the front, back and also sides of the guitar (acoustic), and I've already thought of writing the inscription on the ring around the sound hole of the guitar on the front - so I guess I'll put all the Fellowship related things on the front side? Or, I could position elements in relation to the map of middle earth...
:iconwyntry:
Wyntry Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
well... yeah. Seems legit to put the fellowship on the front, something of the two towers on the sides, and the return of the king on the back.
:iconnikkibearr:
NikkiBearr Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Student Photographer
I don't have any suggestions... but I will say that is SUCH a good idea! :D
Thanks! :)
:iconredwind36:
Redwind36 Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
This is gonna be cool!!! The only suggestion I have is that it would be super cool if you could use the overall map and then scatter the more detailed illustrations into it. This map: [link]
Hmm.. i'll think about it. I don't know if want to do an exact copy of the map, but I'll definitely use this as a reference to try and include all the different places!
Add a Comment: