Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 16, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 26

Anyone looking to put togeather a video game team.

:iconbugfacegard:
bugfacegard Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
Hi, anybody looking to put togeahter a video game team, i'd like to join one and help with things.
It would have to be for profit though.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconfusionater:
fusionater Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
Sadly, I probably couldn't offer much in the way of technical help with this, but I would be willing to promote this for you on the website I work on if you ever get this going if your interested.
bugfacegard Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
Totally that would be really helpfull. If you come across it again in the near future that would be great.
Thanks so much for your offer XD
:iconfusionater:
fusionater Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
np, I'll just bookmark this page, as you haven't titled the game, and check every once in a while. XD.
Theorectically speaking i would try to reinburse you for any work you did for the game promo wise but we a a longs way off form that.
But once again that is an amazing offer and i really appreciate it, thanks.
:iconstrayokatoknight:
strayokatoknight Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I'd love to help, but sadly I'm only a writer. With such skills as character design/development, storylines, and screenplay. Unless you need one, I'll just wish you luck. ^.^
I would need a writer for the story and characters. So i could use you.
I need a code jocky.
Writer.
Animator.
Concept artist.
Maybe a battle designer/designer etc..
If anyone got payed it would be the coder first and profit would be shared by all.
strayokatoknight Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Well, alright. Send me a note and we can discuss this further. ^.^
Ok, i'll let you know if i need more writers.
:iconzetikla:
Zetikla Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Student Writer
I might be able to help with writing if you still need help with that
Ok, i'll let you know if i need something from you, thanks.
:iconzetikla:
Zetikla Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Student Writer
my pleasure
strayokatoknight Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Lol. Sorry I just reread your post, sadly I cannot pay up front but I have a couple projects I am working on currently, that are meant to be for profit. If you would really like to help, you can note me and we can discuss the particulars of the game projects themselves, as well as the game "schedule". I look forward to hearing back from you. Also please forgive my previous post, I wasn't paying as good of attention as I usually do. And I do so apologize.
:iconroanarke:
Roanarke Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
The hardest part to fill would be a programmer.
Yeah, i figure if i can find one i may have to fit the bill for him/her wich i would do. Probably alot of people on the team would have to work for some knid of profit share wich they probably wouldn't be to happy about.
I'd do some concept work and need a animator, so i'm thinking a five man team or near that.
If i got the right people who were solid i could afford some small payments but i'll see how i go.
Any concept on what the project will be yet?
Probably a turn based rpg.
Ok. I am willing to work on it for free. Unfortunately I have no artistic talent. I am mainly a writer. Luckily, most of my writing experience has been from designing games. Making the story work with the gameplay and telling the story through the world and what is seen. Although the only experience with GDD's (besides studying them) I have is with LittleBigPlanet, if we can start making that we can easily bring in a programmer at any point. RPGs are mostly numbers and calculations and can be done on paper first.
Hmm im unfamiliar with GDD's. I guess i would want it to be either like Vandal hearts or final fantasy 6. Im planning on really only doing the concept art but could help with the designing but maybe i would leave that to the designer more.

Have any games you worked on been on iphone or android or pc or the others like psn.
Roanarke Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
No, nothing I've ever worked on made it that far.

A gdd is a game design document. It is basicaly a blueprint of the entire game. Mostly just writing, but can contain character art, maps, and 3d art. It's meant to have everything about the game and is used by all groups (artists, writers, programmers, etc) to use as a reference on where to go and what should be done.

What the games about. Any messages that are trying to be told. What each button does on each screen. Every place that can be visited. So let's take one area. It would describe what it looks like and the felling the place gives off. Would need to know of any secrets in that area. What could be fought there. Any special events that happen. Something that adds to the story or develops a character. Stuff like that.

It is pretty confusing. Almost every game has one though. Probably be better if you looked it up. For smaller games and indie games it isn't needed as much since the team is smaller, but I figured making atleast part of it specificly for the programmer would be a lot more efficient and better for that person.
Ok then, i remember reading about GGD's now, thanks that jolted my memory.
I my self am on the look out for a paid postion in a company so i still need to consider if it's worth starting for me cause i'll probably get a job and have no more time left for it.

I still need to consider if it's something i can do and will be able to finish.
Anyway i probably won't start right away given i have other things that need doing but i'll keep it in mind and see how things go.
(1 Reply)
:iconthemim:
TheMim Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I was looking to become a concept artist on a for-profit team on here. :)
I can also do graphic design and website design, but I don't know anything about coding.
Website and graphic design would be handy but would depend on your ability cause i may end up paying some sort of wage plus profit share.
So yeah gotta find some people who can commit reasonable time.
:iconthemim:
TheMim Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I don't have any other job, so I would be able to do this as a part time or full time job. :)
Ok, well i don't see any graphic design/web in your gallery. Obviously i have to find others so things are still open.
Also as i said it depends on your skill level.
Add a Comment: