Deviant Login Shop
 Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
January 15, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 10

Calling all Graphic-Novel & Manga artists of ORIGINAL CONTENT!!!

:iconidmmorgan:
IDMMorgan Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Student Digital Artist
If you have finished chapters or pages (minimal of 17) of an ORIGINAL Manga or Graphic-Novel you've been working on we are looking to (with your permission) host your work in a unique video form FREE!!! all we ask is that you have a captivating story with art that really captures the eye.

If you know of anyone who would be interested in the idea please feel free to refer them over to my inbox an we can talk details :).

Again only ORIGINAL CONTENT due to a lot of places not allowing COPYRIGHT infringement which we like to steer VERY clear from haha. So sorry guys... no doujins/Fans stories.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconchris-ticehurst:
chris-ticehurst Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
You might need to give the url of the web site and more details of this free service you are giving.
It's just a Youtube Chanel; we're new so we don't have content up so far. we're just collecting at this point to build up a base of work. As far as the service it's simple; we take the panels from your comic/manga pages and still remaining in order we do a video version of it for others to watch. Every vid would have direct links to where the original content is placed and of course credit and thanks to the artists.
What's the url then?
Right here: [link]
Interesting idea. I would be in the middle of doing manga design with my artist later in the year. You would need to add some design to the page to give it some life. We could do a promotional exchange to help each other out.
That sounds like a great idea. I'm planning on building up a larger staff in order to get things done as far as giving the page life. I've just got to flesh out a unique theme for the page itself. Once I can do that I'll then be working with another artists (hopefully) to do the things I can't do.

If you know of any artists now who have set pages that'd be interested in the idea we're trying to do let me know. We however have a strict policy when it comes to work: Character Development is judged very strongly, Story=line being the second and then art seeing as there are so many different variations on style.

If they can meet that an my team and I (well majority rule) agree then they will be golden.

Just let them know that even though we may approve of the story there will be a one month grace period to see if it picks up by our viewers. If it's picked up we'll take it out of our "ONE SHOTS" section and place them as a regular to be updated every two or three weeks. We still fleshing out update scheduled seeing as everyone works at a different pace.
I don't think you can afford to be so strict. You have a empty Youtube channel with nothing to show. It does look like this idea was made in the past few days or weeks and slapped together today. You should be picking up anyone who is willing to do this and start slow.

You need to show them why this idea will work and why this will help them. That's the important key.
I respect that opinion however I've seen actual manga hosting sites and I've never liked the aspect of having a melting pot of work that the reader had to filter through just to find decent work. It make seem strict to you but I see it as setting a standard of work. The ultimate goal is to present work that readers and viewers can get into and get something out of the work.

If you've ever gone to the website smackjeeves.com that is a perfect example of what I want to avoid. There are for sure GREAT works to be found and uncovered in smackjeeves.com but the chances of finding them are at best 50/50. I want to avoid that; let the readers and watchers know that they can expect some extent of quality in their searches and suggested works, you know what I mean.

This generation I feel is really looking for more out of the content they take in. I say that because I too am a part of it. Starting off small; that I can work with and plan on doing however to cut down quality for a larger sum (for lack of a better word) isn't holding true to what the channel is trying to accomplish.
I'm actually in the middle of talking with an artist right now for permission to place up an example video of what we'd essentially be doing.
Please keep in mind we are simply promoting your work and giving ALL CREDIT outside of the video editing process to YOU. No profits will ever be made from this it's simply a free service to you. Because we love reading interesting and captivating stories; an we love making that experience an even greater and more unique one for YOUR readers.
Add a Comment: