Closed to new replies
January 9, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 2

Mural supplies?

:iconcuchulainnssickbed:
CuchulainnsSickbed Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
So, I'm helping out with a friend in painting a mural on a wall that we were given the ok to do so and I was wondering, does anyone know what kind of paints is recommended? It's a white wooden wall that's riddled with graffiti (and no it's not artistic, just a bunch of curse words) and we'll do this with a group of 10. What do we use?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconserbus:
serbus Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
For wide areas you want to use regular housepaint. Indoor matte paint tends to work best (unless the project is outside, then you'll want outdoor paint). Try to avoid oil based paints since they can cause nausea while you're working. For detailed areas you want to use regular Acrylic paints that you would buy at the art store, but make sure none of them have lead in it. Always sketch out your painting and look at it from a distance before you begin. Proportions tend to exaggerate when you're up close to the painting.
:iconcross-vattic:
Cross-Vattic Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Student General Artist
i personaly suggest spray, but that is only good if you know what you are doing. other than that a simple house paint would work just fine, finding the right colors might not be easy but still, it will last for quite a while...
Add a Comment: