January 12, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 16

Seeking Artists for Upcoming RPG

:iconaoizagoichi:
AoiZagoichi Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
Hello there, everyone! This is your friendly, neighborhood Aoi Zagoichi. :D

To begin, thank you for taking the time to view this. I know you're probably very busy with whatever it is that occupies your time, so it's appreciated.

Now, down to business; I'm looking for someone that's skilled in character concept art for an RPG that I'm working on. The game itself is being created via RPG Maker VX Ace (spectacular, right?) so it's nothing super ridiculously grand. But, with some extra system scripts, it'll be definitely worth the wait, but I'm getting off topic. The point of mentioning RPG Maker was to validate my next point; you will not need to design characters from the ground up. There are pre-existing characters being used, but unfortunately, all I can offer to help with character art are the headshots of the main characters and their sprites, so that you can at least be vaguely aware of what each character is wearing when you begin drawing.

The artwork itself does not need to be colored, and I would honestly prefer it if it is left black and white. I have my own reasons for this request, and it will be explained to whomever I hopefully end up working with. The art style itself is heavily anime based, since RPG Maker IS originally a Japanese program. So, if you have an issue with drawing in anime form, this is definitely not the topic for you. :)

Whomever I end up working with (hopefully :D) should also at least have a slight knowledge of environment art, in case it is needed.

Hmm.. I got so caught up in saying WHAT I needed, that I failed to mention WHY I needed it! Sorry, my head gets away from me every now and then. :) The purpose for the character art is simple; at the end of each chapter in the game, there is a brief soliloquy from the main character or the narrator. Instead of the soliloquy being spoken during a black screen, I thought it would be nifty instead to have a brief 'slideshow' of sorts, with the character art depicting transpiring scenes that go hand in hand with the soliloquy. The dialogue doesn't last long, so at most, each 'slideshow' between chapters will contain three drawings.

The drawing will come in most handy at the end of the project when I wrap everything up in the ending credits. Instead of having just a black screen with credits rolling up, I figured I could compile all of the artwork together and have it playing in the background as an extended slideshow while the credits roll in the foreground.

The project is still in its infancy, as I'm at the tail end of completing chapter two. However, there is already over a solid hour and a half of gameplay. And that's if you simply run through the story. If you're the type of person that likes to click everything and talk to everyone, there's significantly more time. After chapter two is complete, I plan to have a few people bug test it and then release a demo. So, even if you don't want to be an artist for the game, feel free to keep an eye out for the game itself. :D

I plan to go commercial with the game, so the artist(s) that end up helping me will receive a free copy of the game before anyone else. (After the final bug testing phase, of course.) And needless to say, you will be given full credit for your work in the credits. Heck, if we work well enough together, and the game does well enough in the community, perhaps we could work on future projects as well!

But once again, I'm getting ahead of myself. :)
Sorry for the text wall, I know it's a lot, but I could really use some experienced artists! Feel free to contact me for more details, or feel free to leave links to your artwork if you're interested.
Let's make something great together!

Best regards,
Aoi Zagoichi

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkumafromargentina:
KumaFromArgentina Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Professional Writer
I'm a writer, I can help, note me the details
AoiZagoichi Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013
Well, a decent amount of the character designs are done, since they're all stock images.
I could email some of them to you so that you'd know exactly what the style is. As stated before, strong inkwork is desired in place of any color, which I hope is fairly simple. I haven't drawn anything in ages, so I'm not sure what people prefer to do these days. Amount wise, I'd need two for each chapter epilogue, and since there will be somewhere between ten and thirteen chapters, I'll probably need anywhere from twenty to twenty-six images. Of course, the time between needing the images for each chapter will be a while, since actually scripting the game is time consuming. :)
At the moment, I'm reaching the conclusion of chapter two, so I'd be needing four images, two for the first chapter, and two for the current.
Like I said, I could show you a few character images, and if you like what you see and feel you could do it, we could go from there. :) If not, I appreciate your time!
:iconensoul:
ensoul Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Professional General Artist
You have to hit Reply under people's avatars for them to be notified of your post
I was not aware of that <_<;
I don't really use DA that often lol.
:iconfeleri:
Feleri Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Hi,
I see th "huge" interest here, so I thought I'd drop you a line. I'm not a great master of style, but if 1, you have noone to work with 2, your request sounds interesting and like something I think I could do, I could help you out.
I'd like to know a bit more details - how many drawings would you need, and what kind of characters, whatnot.. :)
So let me know what you have on mind and we'll see if we could work together...
Psst, I goofed, but I totally responded to you.
I know it's heavily frowned upon to 'bump' one's own thread, but I really need artists for this project. SKILLED artists.
I had recruited a good friend of mine, but I realized recently that I drastically overestimated her abilities.

Thanks for your time,
Aoi

Again, sorry for the lame bump x.x
:iconflaming-noodle:
Flaming-Noodle Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Student General Artist
Sounds interesting ^_^V
I'm glad you think so ^^
The project is still in its infancy, so it's the perfect time to recruit artists!
:iconflaming-noodle:
Flaming-Noodle Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Student General Artist
yep ^_^
Add a Comment: