Closed to new replies
January 4, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

Looking for an artist who can World Build/create a Fantasy Map

:icongategod:
GATEGOD Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
I'm in the infant stages of creating a fantasy world for a novel I am considering writing. Before I begin, I'd like to have the entire world set in stone on a world map for me to work with with the story.

I'm looking for someone who can create a detailed map, rich with Cities, Castles, Keeps, Towers, Forests, Jungles, Mountains, Deserts, Lakes, Rivers, Roads, Towns, Villages, Ports, Bridges, etc.

So far, I only have a handful of places in mind and a general idea of what the continent looks like. I'm hoping to find someone who will help me place all the various places I have in mind. =)

If you're interested and have built maps in the past, feel free to reply here!

Thank you!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

GATEGOD Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
I have the basic shape of the continent, and dozens of places already mapped out in a crummtastic gimp drawing.

Still looking!
Still looking =)
I downloaded some map packs and attempted to create a map and it just came out horrible! lol

Need someone with a great sense of perspective! ^-^
I think it'll be a massive undertaking. Not certain. I guess it depends on the person! It doesn't need to be as detailed or pretty as these, but if anyone can make something of this caliber, or somewhat close to it, that'd be incredible.

Examples of maps like the one I have in mind:

[link]
[link]
[link]
[link]
[link]
[link]
:iconnarwalmilk:
Narwalmilk Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Student General Artist
I could do mountains and rivers and forests but I have no idea how I would draw cities... Hmm.
Otherwise I think I might be able to do one of the antique style maps.
They're quite illustrative, I think.
I've drawn some landscape pieces in a similar style to some of those maps, look:
[link]
I'd be working on a tablet though, not traditional media like these...
Could you sketch out sort of what you want, like where things would be and the names of places and make it available to anyone who wanted to do this map?
That way I think more people could be interested.
I'll see what I can do, but if I think it'll be too much work I can try and spread the word that you want help if you like. :)
<3 I have a sketch of the basic idea with places and stuff already mapped out. Just looking for someone who can help me make it more realistic/detailed <3

I'm still holding out hope for someone whose made dozens of maps before to respond!
Narwalmilk Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Student General Artist
Oh I know what you mean, someone who can flesh it out and stuff. :)

I wish you the best of luck with that :D
Narwalmilk Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student General Artist
I've never made a map before but I could have a go if you like?
What sort of thing did you have in mind?
If it's going to be a massive undertaking I probably won't be able to though, as I go back to college on Monday. :hmm:
GATEGOD Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
-Offers candy-
Add a Comment: