Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 5, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 11

Seeking Comic Artists! Take the Challenge!

:iconcoyoteadm:
CoyoteADM Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013
“Where the F M I?”

So one morning you wake up in a strange room full of doors that lead to different worlds. We've all been there.

“Where the F M I?” is one part web comic, one part reality talent show, and one part acid flashback, with a twist of lime. Each week, it will release a script, and artists will create their own unique artwork and vision of what the page should look like. A winner will be chosen and published the following week on the page, along with their name and a link to their own art. Two runners up will receive the same treatment.

For the premier, I am releasing the first 3 issues simultaneously. Enter all three for a better chance at winning!

Interested Artists: Please click on the following link, follow the instructions and read the waiver. The scripts are located under the page “Next Script.”
The deadline for entries is 11:59 PM, January 17th pacific time. The winner will be revealed on the 18th.

Your prize is exposure and experience, and maybe we can figure out "Where the F M I?" together.

Test your Artistic Might!
Flawless Victory.

Click Here for the "Where the F M I?" Submissions Page.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

CoyoteADM Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
Alright, so the idea of a webcomic where artists compete to draw each week's page is an experiment. I pretty much have to figure things out as I go.
Last night at the deadline I had entries, but not enough to make it a fair contest and winners would only be winners by technicality.
Despite a lot of interest the turn out was low so I think what we need is a little more time.
I am extending the Deadline for art exactly one week. The new deadline is Thursday the 24th of January at 11:59 pm pacific time.
This gives enough time for new people to start and for ones who have already started to finish off their entries and make them awesome.
I really believe this project can be a lot of fun and beneficial to everyone involved and I am not going to give up on it because of a slow start.
Thanks again for all the support and please feel free to contact me with suggestions on how to improve the system and get it rolling faster.
For anyone just joining the contest click Here to go to the Where the F M I? Submissions page. Follow the instructions. Read the Waiver and then visit the 'Next Script' page to find the current three scripts available. Do just one or all three!
Thanks
Keep dreaming, True Believers!
CoyoteADM Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
Alright everyone! 27 hours to get the finishing touches on your comic pages and submit them to me at WTFMISubmissions@Hotmail.com.
The deadline is 11:59 PM pacific tomorrow. I will have the winners posted sometime the following day depending on how many submissions I have to sort through and my day job schedule.
Thanks in advance to everyone who has or will submit and to everyone else who has been supportive and constructive for this project.
See ya in the funny papers!
CoyoteADM Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
Getting down to the wire. Feels like waiting for Christmas.
Still time to get a page drawn and get in on the ground floor of this project.
Remember everyone will start with the first few comics.
Don't forget to include the name you want announced and a link to your work in your entry email.
CoyoteADM Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
We are officially at the one week deadline! Well, one week, one day, 5 minutes.
Still plenty of time to get an entry drawn and submitted!
Looking forward to seeing everyone's work.
:icongoldfig:
GoldFig Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Err, in hindsight, I do not quality for submissions. Sorry! ^^;
:wow: Great idea! I'll definitely give it a try!
CoyoteADM Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
Glad you're excited about it. I'm really look forward to seeing yours and all the rest of the art.
Depending on how many entries I get, I may put all of them up on a "fan art" page.
Does it matter if people draw Zeth with different hairstyles, though? :?
CoyoteADM Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
Well, the hair needs to stay the same color and length but as for the actual shape of it that doesn't matter so much.
And I guess you are underage right? Yeah that bit is unfortunate. I'd rather not discriminate on artist's age but it's a lot simpler in regards to legality. But i hope you come and read it and if it's still running when you hit 18 you are more than welcome, also if you like the comic feel free to send in a page as fan art and if I can I'll display it. Just put 'fan art' in the email title.
Ok, thanks.
Add a Comment: