Who does Mecha/Robot commissions?

Been trying to find people who do commissions for a Robot OC, but not many of the artists I watch can/will do mechanical-based commissions, so I'm not having much look. And my Robo OC isn't that terribly complicated or detailed.

[link]
[link]
[link]
Comments19
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
i've only done a few mecha drawing that are Armored Core Related in the past this being the second to last one i ever made over two years ago [link]
Your OC isn't heavily "mechanized". It's basically a normal person with easier to draw face, hand and feet. When people ask for mechas they usually refer to complex stuff like gundam, transformers, macross, etc. You might "scare" a potential artist with your title.
well unfortunately, most of the artists i've brought this "not-quite-mecha" mecha to get scared and say "I don't do robots very well"

What would you suggest I call it then? You're saying its not mecha enough, while others are sayings its too mecha.
Well, as I said, the design is very "tame". Unless you are looking for a more complex drawing I don't see how it could be hard to do. What exactly are you looking for?

I suppose that robot or automaton fits him, but not mecha, at least not considering the actual use for it.
well at some point, i may touch up the design to grow more complex/evolved later down the road. I'm aware its pretty simple atm, but i honestly like that simpliciy, although the fact that hes still technically a robot, even with the references showing how simple he is, most people automatically throw in the "sorry, he's mecha. cant really do those well" and thats the end of the matter.
Awesome Megaman art. what are the prices? xD
umm here's my price list OuO [link]
I do. But no points commissions, just money.

that's no problem. what are your prices?
I have no written list at the moment. But a base price for a pinup is $50.
do you think you could do a "schematic" or "blueprint" of the character if I gave some extra details?
You mean kind of like those cut-out pictures of Megaman or Mazinger Z? Probably. Please explain what you mean a bit more exactly though since I may have to adjust the price.
something similar to the background in x5 when you're fighting sigma's first form in the final level [link]
Alright. You looking for text describing the various parts or just a full body shot with a cutout?
View all replies