Closed to new replies
December 25, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

Wanted: World Builder(s)

:iconxanuri:
Xanuri Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012
I am looking for a world builder for a Fantasy MMORPG. Currently this project is unfunded, and we are working on a PoC, in order to get funding.

This position is currently a unpaid position but if your work ethic and talent are worthy then once the project is funded a permanent position could be available to you.

Please Message Me, your qualifications and interest and we will go from there.

Respectfully,
Xanuri

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

Xanuri Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
To clarify a bit, although I will entertain the responses I have gotten so far and any future ones, I wanted to clarify my definition of world builder. What I mean by that is someone who is able to build the worlds landscape and geography, working with height maps and building terrain.

Please don't let that discourage the rest of you who view it as story, character, and background development...there is so much to do on this project still that I am open to talking to you folks as well.

Respectfully,
Xanuri
:icondesulishor:
Desulishor Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012
hmm, building a fantasy world is always kind of interesting on its own, so I don't mind. I have no major qualifications to offer but here goes.
-extensive knowledge on MMORPGs (only as a player)
-I know basics of western fantasy, and I enjoy writing some minor fantasy stories on my free time. and then there's anime, lots of it.
in short, an enthusiast only.
Xanuri Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
First and foremost, I apologize for a slow response getting back to you, but with the holidays and all and my phone getting lost, I haven't had a moment to breathe.

Second, are you willing to sign a NDA?

Third, I hope I didn't confuse you or use the wrong wording for this, I do need some story writers and will still consider talking to you about that...but tell me if I asked for the wrong thing...I also am looking for someone who can work with building the world itself, like the mountains and valleys, etc.

Look forward to hearing back from you!

Respectfully,
Xanuri
:icondesulishor:
Desulishor Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
Ah, on the NDA, sure, but just how official are you going to make it? I do understand that projects and concepts still in the making are better kept secret.

for building a world... from what I understood, you'd want someone to develop concept of races and history as much as an mmo would actually a need (not a full novel epic, I know.) on top of that, having certain areas here and there... Well, I can think which mobs should appear where and what certain places should look like, but as I mentioned, I can't do any coding or artwork. I can only think of it from a standpoint of 'what a game would need?, what a player would want/need.
Add a Comment: