Science Fiction Novel Cover Contest ~ $200 prize!

Attention Ladies and Gentlemen!

It is my pleasure to announce the first ever cover contest from Montag Press Collective!

Oracle of Delphi by James E. Gurley is a young adult science fiction novel full of adventure. There are some excerpts and other material here that you can use for inspiration on the cover:

[link]

In addition to the cover itself, you can draw maps for the story. The prize for the best maps is $50.

E-mail submissions to submit@montagpress.com

You can also like Montag Press on facebook and join the facebook event here:
[link]
Feel free to invite your friends!

Any questions?
Comments27
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Phew! Just got in on time. I've sent my submissions via email.
Fun idea for a competition. And good luck to all who entered. :thumbsup: I wonder, is there going to be a display of all the entries when the contest is over?
Anyway, thanks for inviting me to contribute. :)
You are most welcome! We'll take a while to judge all the submissions, but we are planning to show off the best ones for sure when we have everything sorted out. :)
Good to know. Have fun reviewing all the entries. :)
Two more days left!
There's less than a week to go now. Hurry people!
We have quite a few people participating now, so don't miss out!
Don't forget to e-mail your submissions directly to Montag Press and check out some of our other novels.
Hmm... I might participate in this....
Please do! The more, the merrier! Just from glancing at your gallery, I see that your photo manipulations are quite impressive!
Thank you very much :)! If I have the time, I'll give it a shot.
Cool! I can't wait to see what you can do.
As a Sci-fi lover, that would be pretty awesome.
Alright, I'll definitely lose, but count me in!
Awesome! I can't wait to see what you do for it :)
So do you have any special wish what kind of cover you want, even if there is only one thing that should be on the coer? And do you want it to be drawn or should it be like a foto, picture? And which size should it at least be? Is A4 format big enough?
We are really quite open to whatever the artist decides to use from the story excerpts. However, I think that the preference is for Tad and King Karal. The excerpts we provided focus most strongly on them, but if you find anything else you would rather draw in the supplementary material we provided, go for it! The higher the resolution/the larger the paper, the better. A4 should do nicely. If you have good stock photos or happen to know the right model, then you could do it that way. Otherwise, drawing would be the way to go. Just put in your best talents/skills!
What is the prize for the winner of the cover? I'm pretty good at designing novel covers, I designed one for myself this year in a 50k novel I wrote in a month. You can check it out here and see if I have any skills: [link]
The novel cover prize is $200 and we are looking at all types of art including digital, so whatever you have to bring to the table would be awesome!
Are you able to convert the money into DA points?
Not that I know of, but you can certainly do so yourself later :)
This novel is pretty much the next Harry Potter for science fiction lovers.
It really, really is! It is a must read!
The deadline is January 20, so there is almost a whole month to do it even after we find out that the world didn't end on December 21!
LOL today is December 22nd and we're still alive... YAY!
Let's celebrate with a competition XD
Yes! That is indeed a good idea! Time to get your artwork out there and get discovered!