Details

Closed to new replies
December 11, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 122

Ptepix's Doctor Whooves comic~Discussion

:icondragonsanddreamscape:
DragonsAndDreamscape Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Professional General Artist
This is for the discussion of Ptepix's Doctor Whooves Comic. People who are on the project are welcomed to join.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconptepix:
Ptepix Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013   Digital Artist
Saying something!!! Uh...gonna try and work on this a bit soon...I am incredibly busy though
DragonsAndDreamscape Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013  Professional General Artist
I understand.
Right now I'm working on a little mini comic strip with our funny British villain!
:D sweetness. How is that going?
DragonsAndDreamscape Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013  Professional General Artist
Very slowwwwwly. I have so many other things that keep popping up. Like Valentine's day and Birthdays. But I'll get it finished eventually!
Haha yeah :3
Ptepix Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013   Digital Artist
I kinda wanna draw the comic now
DragonsAndDreamscape Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Professional General Artist
Hmmm, if you drew it instead of vectoring it then maybe I could help you if you ever wanted help. :)
Ptepix Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013   Digital Artist
Yeah that's what I was thinking too :D
DragonsAndDreamscape Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Professional General Artist
That sounds like a lot of fun!
Ptepix Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013   Digital Artist
Yes indeed....how would it work though?
DragonsAndDreamscape Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Professional General Artist
It's a good question. No matter how hard we tried to keep an even style, our different touches would surely become obvious. We could go with the classic "one person does the line-art and the other one colors", but that's not as fun. Hmmmmm.....
Ptepix Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013   Digital Artist
I'm thinking of trying to create the lines in Illustrator, and then exporting into photoshop.
DragonsAndDreamscape Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Professional General Artist
That's a good idea!
(1 Reply)
DragonsAndDreamscape Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Professional General Artist
Hey, would you guys mind if I did a little comic strip with Whooves and our comical villain just for kicks?
Ptepix Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013   Digital Artist
I dont care really :D
DragonsAndDreamscape Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Professional General Artist
Thanks!
Ptepix Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013   Digital Artist
Btw...I sketched out a couple of panels. I just keep forgetting to scan them in lol
Oooh, can't wait to see!
They are kinda lame XD
I'm sure they're just fine!
Lol. They get the point accross
(1 Reply)
Ptepix Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012   Digital Artist
Happy New Year you two! 2013!!! *pshooof pshoof!!!! (fireworks)*
DragonsAndDreamscape Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Professional General Artist
Aw, thanks! Happy New years to you as well!
Ptepix Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012   Digital Artist
Not the best sketcher btw...but I started on it.

Oh and Boo. I had an idea for your character. You remember Captain Jack from the 9th? He could be kinda similar maybe? Maybe he invented a time machine that makes a continuous time spell and he is jelly of the Tardis...although I had another idea...what if the Tardis turned into a pony as well! That would be amazing XD like after they all step out it transforms. Whaddaya think?
DragonsAndDreamscape Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Professional General Artist
That's fine, I'm still excited to see it!

I imagined that the villain would be more traditional. Still, that would be cool!

So we could have an Idris pony? That might be neat! Maybe she could be a aliacorn and they could ride on her back through time and space! :)
Ptepix Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012   Digital Artist
More traditional villain is fine lol. I just kept hearing Union Jack and it made me think of Captain Jack :D

Idris? Is that her name? I mean I know she gets turned into a person at one point in time....I just haven't gotten there yet XD
DragonsAndDreamscape Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Professional General Artist
Well, I'd say it's up to Boo, really!

Yeah, that's her name! It's a great episode. In fact, it's ny favorite of season 6. That reminds me, what season are you on now?
Ptepix Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012   Digital Artist
Lol still on 2. I haven't really had the ability to watch it lulz
DragonsAndDreamscape Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Professional General Artist
Okay! 2 is a great season.
Ptepix Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012   Digital Artist
So far yes! :)
:iconsherbet-boo:
Sherbet-Boo Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012  Student Artist
Sorry I've not been around for ages, I've been really ill recently and it has taken me quite a bit of time to get better.

So how far have we got at this point? And do we know if we are going to make it a continuing comic series?
DragonsAndDreamscape Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Professional General Artist
It's okay! I'm sorry you were ill and I'm glad you're feeling better!

Ptepix is doing some storyboarding right now. That's all I know.
Ptepix Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012   Digital Artist
Uh. Well I'm gonna try and sketch up the draft for the first 10 panels or so
Sherbet-Boo Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012  Student Artist
Sooooooooo, Dragons and I were talking about a possible background British Villain, I don't know if you've seen that part of the conversation Pix? He's not a main Villain as I guess we are just focusing on the Doctor settling down as a pony at first, but he could be a bit of British competition for the Doctor and it's a way of adding humor in. Dragons thought he sounded interesting and he wondered what possible names/designs could be..... Soooooo I've done a bit of sketching (don't hold your breath) and this is what I've come up with:

[link]

He doesn't have a name yet, (so any ideas?) and I haven't done him his cutie-mark seeing as he doesn't have a name.
Ptepix Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012   Digital Artist
Hmmm I like what Sarah suggested as far as his name goes. What could be funny is him like causing supposed chaos in the background every once in a while.
DragonsAndDreamscape Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012  Professional General Artist
Maybe instead of giving him a proper name, we could come up with something that he likes to call himself. Like, a ridiculous villain name that he thinks makes him sound like some big-shot.
If we were to keep his cutie mark hidden by his coattails and leave his true name unspoken, it would add a hint of mystique to an otherwise purely comical character.
Sherbet-Boo Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012  Student Artist
That's quite a good idea! Although, we would somehow have to tell the readers (is readers the right word!?) that it isn't actually his real name.

Thinking of the Union Jack, maybe he could have Jack in his name somewhere?
DragonsAndDreamscape Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Professional General Artist
Maybe we could have him say 'You can call me-' so we know he isn't telling his real name.

That's a great idea, except I'm a LITTLE worried that someone would make the mental connection to Jack Harkness.
Ptepix Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012   Digital Artist
How do I sketch stuff?
DragonsAndDreamscape Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012  Professional General Artist
Ummmm, what exactly do you mean?
'Cause if I were you I would just sketch it on paper and then scan or photo it. You know, upload it into your scraps and link it here or something.
As for me, if you ever want me to sketch something out I could do some quick digital sketches and upload them for you! In fact, if you want, we could just script the panels and then I could sketch up a basic storyboard.
Oh. I thought there was a way to sketch stuff in comments
DragonsAndDreamscape Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012  Professional General Artist
Ummmm, if your on someone's profile or journal you can click 'add a drawing' and add something you've done in Muro.
Ohhhhhhh. Thats what I was thinking aboot.
Oh, okay!
:)
Ok lets map out some panels
Alright. So, first act. We have a start, what's next?
I think after the panel of him checking on roseluck, he should turn around to pinkie pie in his face (of course XD). Next panel she would of course do the deep breath thing she does when she first meets Twi and dash away...yes? No?
Sounds great! Then maybe he could turn and say "What is UP with this place?"
Oh perfect. Then twilight can go and say,
"Well thats Pinkie Pie for ya."
Next panel
"My name is Twilight Sparkle! What is this?!"
Looking around the tardis
Add a Comment: