Closed to new replies
December 5, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 1

Points Donation Request for Prizes to Winning Challengers

:icondigitalripple:
DigitalRipple Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Professional General Artist

Please visit my main page to donate. ALL POINTS WILL GO TO PRIZE GIVE AWAYS!
Please help make this holiday season a positive experience that the deviantart community will remember.
Thank you in advance.

<font size="5">
Reflection Day
</font>

<font size="3">
MOTTO:As long as you live and breathe, Every waking day is another chance to start again. ~FlippedCan
</font>

Theme - If you knew you had one day left to live, how would you spend it?

Recommended Mission - (If you don't want to do the challenge) For those who want to celebrate Reflection Day, do something for a stranger, something for friends and family, and something for yourself. Also, if you wish to have a guideline you can work with, view the images provided at the top of this journal above.

<font size="3">
Why December 21st?
</font>

Objective - To change the view of how December 21st, 2012 is perceived (Mayan Date of Rapture). Changing it from a day of Fear and Death, to a day to Celebrate Life, effectively calling the event, "Reflection Day."

This day is a mock event for the idea that the earth will end on DECEMBER 21st, 2012. Some people may believe this may be true, some people know the truth, and some people probably don't care, but why pass up a chance to have a good time?

Basically, Reflection Day is an event to be celebrated like Valentines, Easter, Halloween, Christmas and New Years, Etc. Except the idea is to treat the 21st like it's their last day of living.

<font size="3">
What is the Reflection Day Challenge?
</font>

Starting on the 14th of December, interested artists can make one art a day for all nine days of reflection. They will submit it on deviantart and notify me about it. DevWatch me and I'll add you to the Reflection Day Celebrant friend list.

For more information: (Learn about The Pointers To Know)

<font size="3">
What is my Motivation?
</font>

Everyone who submits art towards the event WILL GET FEATURED. The Best Art, which will be chosen by Poll or by myself, will have a full Artist feature, and have a feature on the Reflection Day Facebook Page.

<font size="3">
Why Call it Reflection Day/The 9 Days of Reflection?
</font>

Hopefully the name alone was self explanatory, but for those who want to ask why, the reason why I chose the word Reflection is because of it's dual meaning. Reflect can mean to think about who you are and your purpose life, and Reflect can also mean to rebounding light. You can think about dooms day as something terrible, or you can reflect that idea off you and look at it as an opportunity to do something good with your remaining time. People easily lose their senses to the fear of death, especially when someone tells you that dooms day is coming and the uncertainty of whether or not it is true drive people nuts. BUT WHEN HAS ANYONE'S TIME OF DEATH BEEN CERTAIN?! Remember that there are more important things to worry about in life than the idea that it's all going to end. If it is true and all you did was panic and cry like a little.... well... if that's how you wish to spend your last moments that is your choice...

If we are going to die, it is only inevitable. We all have to die some day so don't waste your time worrying about death. Spend it worrying about what you can do with your remaining time. You might even die from a completely unrelated incident before the 21st. Or irony at it's best: you find out it truly was a hoax, which I truly believe it is, and you die the next day from a completely unrelated incident. Either way life is SHORT!

I'm only one small person with a seedling idea. This is only as big as you make it. So Let's share this to the world, make this happen...

and LET'S MAKE THIS VIRAL!

<font size="3">
Check our the Facebook Fanpage here:
Reflection Day FanPage
</font>

I don't recommend you click the following if you are easy to scare.

For information on December 21, 2012:
December 21, 2012 Official Website

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondigitalripple:
DigitalRipple Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Professional General Artist
Sorry, didn't know certain codes wont work.

Reflection Day
MOTTO:As long as you live and breathe, Every waking day is another chance to start again. ~FlippedCan

Please visit my main page to donate. ALL POINTS WILL GO TO PRIZE GIVE AWAYS!
Please help make this holiday season a positive experience that the deviantart community will remember.
Thank you in advance.

Theme - If you knew you had one day left to live, how would you spend it?

Recommended Mission - (If you don't want to do the challenge) For those who want to celebrate Reflection Day, do something for a stranger, something for friends and family, and something for yourself. Also, if you wish to have a guideline you can work with, view the images provided at the top of this journal above.

Why December 21st?

Objective - To change the view of how December 21st, 2012 is perceived (Mayan Date of Rapture). Changing it from a day of Fear and Death, to a day to Celebrate Life, effectively calling the event, "Reflection Day."

This day is a mock event for the idea that the earth will end on DECEMBER 21st, 2012. Some people may believe this may be true, some people know the truth, and some people probably don't care, but why pass up a chance to have a good time?

Basically, Reflection Day is an event to be celebrated like Valentines, Easter, Halloween, Christmas and New Years, Etc. Except the idea is to treat the 21st like it's their last day of living.

What is the Reflection Day Challenge?

Starting on the 14th of December, interested artists can make one art a day for all nine days of reflection. They will submit it on deviantart and notify me about it. DevWatch me and I'll add you to the Reflection Day Celebrant friend list.

For more information: (Learn about The Pointers To Know)

What is my Motivation?

Everyone who submits art towards the event WILL GET FEATURED. The Best Art, which will be chosen by Poll or by myself, will have a full Artist feature, and have a feature on the Reflection Day Facebook Page.

Why Call it Reflection Day/The 9 Days of Reflection?

Hopefully the name alone was self explanatory, but for those who want to ask why, the reason why I chose the word Reflection is because of it's dual meaning. Reflect can mean to think about who you are and your purpose life, and Reflect can also mean to rebounding light. You can think about dooms day as something terrible, or you can reflect that idea off you and look at it as an opportunity to do something good with your remaining time. People easily lose their senses to the fear of death, especially when someone tells you that dooms day is coming and the uncertainty of whether or not it is true drive people nuts. BUT WHEN HAS ANYONE'S TIME OF DEATH BEEN CERTAIN?! Remember that there are more important things to worry about in life than the idea that it's all going to end. If it is true and all you did was panic and cry like a little.... well... if that's how you wish to spend your last moments that is your choice...

If we are going to die, it is only inevitable. We all have to die some day so don't waste your time worrying about death. Spend it worrying about what you can do with your remaining time. You might even die from a completely unrelated incident before the 21st. Or irony at it's best: you find out it truly was a hoax, which I truly believe it is, and you die the next day from a completely unrelated incident. Either way life is SHORT!

I'm only one small person with a seedling idea. This is only as big as you make it. So Let's share this to the world, make this happen...

and LET'S MAKE THIS VIRAL!

Check our the Facebook Fanpage here:
Reflection Day FanPage

I don't recommend you click the following if you are easy to scare.

For information on December 21, 2012:
December 21, 2012 Official Website
Add a Comment: