Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 25, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

Looking for a proofreader! Will pay by use of Paypal or Points! Whatever you choose!

:icontotodileyan:
TotodileYan Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
I am looking for a proofreader for a story - kind of like a beta reader really.

Willing to pay $5 - $10 through the usage of ONLY Paypal. If you don't have paypal or if you rather have points, I will obviously just pay the equivalent amount in points. Haha.

State your price. The entire story is approx 500 words. YUP just 500 words. Needs someone who is skilled in grammar, sentence structure blah blah blah the usual.

I would rather prefer to look at examples of writing before anything. I need someone to give me suggestions on the entire thing and fix what needs to be fixed.

To sum it up I need this kind of person:
- Replies quickly; as in doesn't take two days or more to reply
- Confidential; won't spread this all over the place duh.
- After corrections, it must not exceed 500 words.
- Comfortable with doing the entire thing over email or notes. Whichever you choose. No comments. (dunno if this is obvious xD)

I will choose who ever has posted by Tuesday. I want the story to be perfect by November 29th or November 30th.

If I choose you, I will privately message you and if you have any questions, feel free to ask away!
Thanks for reading! *7*

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconbrunomonsterberg:
BrunoMonsterberg Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Student General Artist
Well, I shouldn't disregard the chance to make any money...I'm a writer and a journalist for my school newspaper. I usually need to go through my stories a few times before I believe they are good for submission. From working my English teacher, who formerly edited my works, I've learned to edit pieces and create good sentence structure. I've also worked in work shops where with other multiple writer's we'd come together and edit our pieces as a whole. My piece was about the same length as yours (roughly 500 or so) and it went through a thorough examination. A recent piece that was in a magazine had to go through extreme edits before it could be published. A major part of it was cutting the story down from ten pages to four. I'm sorry. I don't mean to spew hot air.

I guess if we're talking about money, any amount would really do. I mean, it's a 500 word story so I think $10 would be a lot of money. Maybe $4 or so.
:iconericad218:
EricaD218 Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Student Photographer
If you would be interested, I will proofread your work...if you would be willing to proofread mine. I'm not sure how great you are at that, but I'm assuming since you are a writer then you are just making sure you didn't miss anything lol not that your entire story needs fixed.
If you're interested, let me know:)
:iconruwich:
Ruwich Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hi! I'm really interested in this and I commented on your other forum post about it. I'd be glad to proofread your work for $5 (points or $, you decide).
:iconthepoorcornelia:
ThePoorCornelia Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I offer beta-reading, proofreading and editing. Please take a look at my prices on my profile page.

Note me if you have any questions. Thank you.
:iconfallbird:
FallBird Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I know I don't have any literature up, but I've already taken english comp 1 and 2 through the dual enrollment program and one honors creative writing class this semester. And I'd be glad to help, and would prefer to be paid in points if you choose me, if that's okay. (: As for price, five dollars in points is fine for me. No need to go any higher, not for 500 words. (:
Add a Comment: