3001 Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012
For some fun times or long term relationship. [hopefully also fun]

Lets create something good together.

I'm interested in
- poetry collections
- short story collections
- books for children
- other illustrated [and printed] projects

I'm not interested in fanfic or sequential art ideas.

The result of this collaboration will be a book, /lavishly decorated with art/ and of publishable quality, and I don't mean vanity press.
Please note that at the moment no publisher is involved, and no money. Everybody keeps all rights to their part of project.

My ideal writer would be somebody who:

- writes good stuff
- writes good stuff
- writes good stuff
- is well read
- is easy to communicate with

If this looks like something that you might be interested in please note me with a brief description of your idea and style of illustrations. Tell me briefly about your writing, link me to your published works if any, and/ or send me links to [a page] of your best work. Take a look at my gallery too, to see if your writing and my art seem like they could work together.

I look forward to hearing from you.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmid90smatt:
Mid90smatt Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
Love your art. I have over 200 poems and dozens of short stories. I really want to find an artist that would be more like a friend, someone who would be great to collaborate with for a long period of time. Since I have so much stuff, I'll try to find some good links:

Short story about an Angel
[link]
[link]
[link]

Sonnet
[link]

Poem with some comments
[link]
:iconnecroraevyn:
NecroRaevyn Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Student Writer
I'm a writer but mainly a poet and I find this interesting. I usually do poetry, and my specialty is Haiku. I can about alot of topics, everything but religion, being a devoted Pastafarian (kidding, I'm athiest). I enjoy writing either humour or very, very, poetric. The first one comes easier if I were stuck in a room full of people, for some reason. Poetric stuff come to me when I am on my own, or with a few people. Do you need a sample?
:iconhsine:
Hsine Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012
Apart from children's stories, is there any particular genre you're interested in?
I don't post my writing to deviantART, but I'd enjoy doing a 'test run' with you.
:icondefaultking:
defaultking Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I'm writing a story that I'd like you to check out: [link]

It has the look of Renaissance Europe, but there is no magic, meaning I suppose it's more general fiction than sword-and-sorcery. It centers around one character, Matthieu Sartonné, who explains in the prologue that even though he is king now, he never really wanted to be king and in fact has no business being king. The rest of the story follows him through his travels and hardships after the destruction of his home city by religious zealots nearly 40 years before, up until the time that he becomes king, and even a little farther still. I have a lot more written than what I have posted, but it's not in a finished condition yet.

Please let me know if you're interested. Looking at your gallery, I think you will be!
:icondamonwakes:
DamonWakes Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012   Writer
I have an idea in mind that I think would go really well with your style of art, but I'd be interested to hear just a little more about how the finished book would be produced. Though no money is involved at the moment, it's impossible to put out a printed book without dealing with it at some point. ^^; If nothing else, somebody has to pay for the printing, or else the books must be sold.

I imagine I'd be happy with whatever arrangement you would suggest--and I'd certainly love the opportunity to write a story to go with your art--but I'd just like to make sure I know what would happen when it came to actually making the book available. I expect that other people dropping by the forum might also be interested to find out.
:icon3001:
3001 Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
I'm open for suggestions from the writer I'll be working with.

I said 'of publishable quality'. Not - it will be published. That would be nice, of course.
If the final product is good enough, a publisher will pay for printing. There are many countries and more publishing houses to try with.
:icondamonwakes:
DamonWakes Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012   Writer
Ah, whoops. :p Somehow I got the idea that you were considering getting them printed yourself.

I'll go ahead and note you my idea. You may as well see whether or not it's the sort of thing you'd be interested in working with before deciding on any details.
:iconartistaq8:
artistaq8 Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Hi there!
I'm a writer and I feel that this is a good opportunity for me. I wrote few children stories before and wrote poetry and short stories as well. It's sad that I didn't get them published yet, but am hoping to do so in the near future :D.
:icon3001:
3001 Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
Could you please elaborate on that in a note? What kind of stories, what kind of poetry, samples... anything else you want to show your writing qualities?
:iconartistaq8:
artistaq8 Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I tried sending you a note but my connection is not working properly.
I'll send you a note as soon as it's up again :)
Add a Comment: