November 20, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 0

Hanging a Big Art Piece for Show

:icontals181:
tals181 Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
Hi there,

I am having "artists block" as to how to go about hanging a huge piece that I am doing with my students for an art show. I had each student (300 of them!) paint a blank puzzle piece, and I plan to connect them all together. The issue is that the venue where the show will take place does not allow anything to go directly on their walls. I want to adhere the puzzle pieces to the backing with velcro, so they are easily moveable and easy to take down to give back to each student, but I am having trouble figuring out what that backing should be for 300 puzzle pieces.

Plywood seems too heavy and bulky (i'm small) to maneuver and use and too big to transport without needing a truck (which I dont have), and fabric (like a huge sheet) seems too flimsy to support velcro'ed hard puzzle pieces.

Any advice on something I could use that is easier to handle than plywood, more sturdy than fabric would be much appreciated!

Thank you

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

No comments have been added yet.

Add a Comment: