November 20, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 22

Looking for artist who can make some sprites for a game~

:iconcalanii:
calanii Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Hello there!
While I've tried to keep it on the down-low for a while, but for the past few months, I've been developing an RPG mystery/puzzle game with RPG Maker- doing all of the programming, finding musicians to help out, creating the story and characters, designing puzzles and dialogue, etc. I've made an incredible amount of progress since then, and I've finally decided this is a project I can finish. However, the process could take up to 2 years.

At any rate, there is one field I absolutely cannot get into- and that's spriting. Making sprites, doing each individual animation of them- it's just not something I can do. Therefore, I do need a person who has at least a small knowledge of this, and how to make them. They don't have to be fancy- just serve their purpose.

There are 4 characters in the game that need sprites. There are also some game-specific sprites I'll need, such as perhaps a monster or 2, or some pieces of furniture, etc. those sort of things.

ANY help would be acceptable. That means you could volunteer to make the characters, or objects, or just 1 object, WHATEVER! :>

AND, some of you may be interested in this- I may actually be able to pay you for your work. YES, I have a Paypal, and can certainly compensate you at some point if you demand it.

If you are interested in helping with this project in any way, please either leave a comment here, or NOTE ME! If you would prefer to email me, that is fine as well.
My email is karebearcalanni@gmail.com

Thank you all in advance!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmizu-ookami-chan:
Mizu-Ookami-chan Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012
I would love to try and help! ^^
calanii Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Awesome!! Do you have examples of sprites you have drawn in the past~? :>
:iconmizu-ookami-chan:
Mizu-Ookami-chan Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
I don't yet, but if you give me a few days, I'll see what I can come up with.
:iconlunaras13:
lunaras13 Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
what kind of object do u need? i might be able to make some models that look similar
calanii Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Student Digital Artist
AHHH the sprites I'm in need of are 2D pixel sprites, sadly no 3D D:
:iconconspiracy327:
Conspiracy327 Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I'd honestly love to offer assistance but, while I work often with MS Paint/pixels (can't afford anything better yet :XD: ) I'm afraid spriting wouldn't be my most experienced field. I wish you the best of luck though! And will try and spread the word for you :D Can't wait to see this game, it sounds exciting :happybounce:
Thanks!! It could take me a while, as I'm basically creating it 100% on my own, and it's my first time creating a game on RPG maker VX.. The puzzles are difficult to create and I'm trying to make it fairly scary, but my main area of expertise is art.. So I might ask some people to help me with ideas for puzzles and such later on. Anyway, thanks for your support!! I'll do my best to create a great game for my viewers and beyond :0 really I appreciate it!!
:iconcglucid:
cglucid Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Sweet, hello fellow aspiring indie video Game developer. Hope things go well. What format will your game be or rather what platform are you aiming for? Is it a flash game or desktop oriented? Just curious ^^
Actually, just an RPG for the PC :> it's a sort of.. Really plot and character driven RPG that incorporates a lot of puzzles pertaining to theatrical arts and such. This is my first time doing such a thing! And I'm working' all on my lonesome, though I may gather some pals to help with puzzle stuff. And I did hire some music composers and got some pixel artists on board! But it will still be a hefty project. :> thanks for the support!
:iconcglucid:
cglucid Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
That's ok game logic is universal. If you need help ask me and I'll help :o producing games sure is tougher than it looks huh? You gotta get the drawings, backgrounds, menus, levels and platforms, weapons and items. Plus the story.
Add a Comment: