Win A Mock Manga Page Of Your Character

Hey guys. I'm a wanna be manga artist and while not inclined to do freebies, I do enjoy doing the odd competition. I'm venturing into mock manga pages and therefore will use this as practice. Here's an example of what to expect if you win: [link]

The rules are simple, however failure to follow them, bribe attempts and any nagging to draw you outside of the competition etc results in disqualification.

:bulletblue: Reply to this post (or my journal [link]) with a link to a picture/s or literature description of one of your original characters. This must be an entirely original character of your own world and mind, not a fan one. You may include a description on top of or in place of a reference image, just keep in mind that the better you describe them, the closer the result will be to how they are supposed to look. Try to keep the description brief and to the point.

:bulletblue: Include basic personality traits and a general location they'd likely to be in for example: "[Name] is sweet, kind, shy around strangers and is most often found in the library" - this will influence how I draw them in the page and their background setting.

:bulletblue: Nothing against fur people but I won't accept "fursonas" or other species at the moment, only humans or slight deviations of the human figure such as elves, angles etc. If you're not sure if your character fits in this category just ask me and I'll have a look.

:bulletblue: Only one character entry per person - the winner will be judged based on what I think is the most interesting, unique characters and inspires me. Do not expect me to draw anything explicitly sexual but I'm happy to draw characters that like to flaunt what they've got if that's who they are.

I will accept entries up until 5pm Friday, +10:00 GMT (East Australia). Winner will be a mystery until I have finished the page and uploaded it, will update my journal on the winner when it's done. Give me about 4 days grace to get it done. ;)

Feel free to ask any questions just make sure you think out which character you want to enter with.
Comments39
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Hahahaharhar, I'm a phail whale. XD Didn't see the closed bit D: Sorreh!
That's ok, I expected it anyway since I can't edit the original post, just hope people see it in the thread. :(
No worries : ) Hope so too. ^^ Have fun with the contest!
[link]

OTHER ARTISTS INTERPRETATIONS:

[link] (perfect, except the hair is smoother)

[link] (again, perfect, despite the hair)

Chimmy is kinda rough around the edge. He's cocky, but loves a drink and a good laugh. His favorite thing is picking a fight.
He lives in Waterwheel Town, a town on Fishman Island (from the anime "One Piece"). Some images of the island: [link]
Favorite storefront on the island:
[link]

An easier setting can be the open sea with fishies/whales/whatevs swimming around : )

Thanks for the opportunity! Great idea for a contest. I hope your dream to be a manga artist blossoms! ^^
<COMPETITION NOW CLOSED, UNDERGOING JUDGING PROCESS. WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY NEW ENTRIES BEYOND THIS POINT.
Garcardo Dagoth Sotan is a very confident person, spending most of his time finding new places to take naps he likes to keep his hair clean but doing it's own thing. His eyes are Asian like but the iris are black as night and stare holes through people. (In a manner of speaking. He is six foot three inches exactly and likes to dress in the oddest of manners, at least to himself it is off. He wears a black long coat that is form fitting from his neck to his waist and then loose to his ankles that has dragons claws cut to hold it together down his front. His shoes are also black shoes that are a shiny black metal on the bottom so his kicks are a lot more painful. His head is covered in a black rimmed hat that is short in height. He wears an eye patch that is also black, but but the patch over his right eye is grey with a black omega symbol on it.
This sounds like fun ^_^ Being a writer I have so many characters I can choose from but not a scrap of artistic talent to speak of lol...hmm i'll enter Caius from my book Tempest!

Caius is one of the three gaurdians kept in the Tri- Amulet that the main female lead obtains. He's tall around 6'4 or 6'5, mid-back length black hair, tan skin and mis-matched eyes. One is blue and one is red-orange. He's a wolf demon but keeps his "animal" features hidden with "magic". His personality runs on the cold, quiet, aloof side, but he's easily riled by a fellow gaurdian. He's akward in public and extremely uncomfortable with any female attention he recieves.

You can really put him anywhere but in the first few chapters he spends most of his time in the bookstore with the main female lead.

Here's a link to the book itself, don't know if you need it or not but I feel like if I actually read the story a character is in I get a better feel for them.
[link]
Well ALL of my OC's are original to my insane world.

But If I had to pick one to be a Manga Page.. the man who CREATED ANIME: The Gay French Nazi Astronaut! He's the evil emperor of the Planet Mexico, and commands an army of Anime schoolgirls with Pokeball shaped TIE Fighters. He created all the Manga and Anime in the Universe and has a master plan so insidious nobody knows about it. He is a walking WTF but that doesn't bother him. Nobody belives he exists, but Generalissimo Grunt, the Legally retarded Crocodile dictator of The Anime hating nation of Transfatylvania. Grunt and the Astronaut are sworn enimes, and they don't make idle threats....

Yeah, that's about as strange as it gets...
Oh and I forgot to add for a setting, probably IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEEEE!!!!!

This is my OC Luna. She's for the manga D.Gray-man.

She's usually quiet and very deadpan and dull most of the time, and when she's annoyed, she can be quite agitated, but it takes a while for her to explode. She's also blunt when it come to obvious things, and picks on Lavi for being an idiot whenever he does something stupid. The bunny in the one picture's name is Paku, and when she hold him, it's the only time she can really control herself from punch Lavi (her love interest) in the face. On simple or child like moments, when no one is watching, she'll flash a smile. She only likes cold weather and is never found during the warm season. So her whole story is always in a winter time.

Hope I get it :)
I would be honored if you drew my character Mandalay:

There's a full detailed bio in her description. ^_^
She's really neat! Can you also include a likely environment/location she'd be in if you win? :)
Absolutely! She's likely to be either standing on a hill watching some birds soaring over the ocean, falling asleep over some paperwork, or sitting against a tree with a cup of hot tea. Whichever you'd prefer, if you'd like any more suggestions or information just ask! :hug:
description on the deviation's page :iconheplz:
Thanks for the entry! Just need a location/ background setting included. ;P
ok! she likes to have a race with her motorcycle, but she also likes daydreaming. Maybe staring at the sky or the sea? ;D
Okay, trying doesn't hurt...
This is my OC Fuu :3 [link]
Her description is in the artist comment n_n
Alright here is my entry for your contest.

[link]

Name: Teracock
Weight: 280
Height: 6.5 feet
racial: Asian
Powers: Fire and Super Strength
Likes: Tea, Power, being in complete control of a situation.
Dislike: Heroes, Police, and those that claim to be gods
Clothes: A red polo short selves shirt and two golden necklaces, one around his neck, the other his shirt.
Tattoo's: First tattoo you may notice is his dragon tattoo, this tattoo represents his leadership as the Triad Lord of Fire. The second and less noticeable tattoo would be his sword tattoo. Which represents his willingness to fight to the death rather than to surrender willingly.

Bio: Teracock was born with only one hand, which many assumed that it was a sign that he was weak child. But to their surprise Teracock prove them wrong by adapting all of his abilities to his right hand. These abilities were that of his ancestral powers of controlling fire. Teracock also was born with great strength, being able to lift ten times his weight. With strength and fire on Teracock's side, Teracock seemed god like. And with this god like feel, Teracock began to build an ego that he was the god of his home, china town. Thus beginning his reign of terror as the leader of the Triad of Fire.
This would be absolutely amazing ;A; buti'mtooshy :iconsobbplz:
Too shy to enter? :O_o:

That's a first. I'm shy too, but I don't have to talk to people directly when it comes to the internet. :shrug:
I'm always shy that I'll say/type something silly ;O;~♥

and I have over 100 characters pfff i wouldn't know who to pick orz ///:iconlazepoolplz:
I type stupid crap in the forums all the time. No one expects you to be perfect. :lol:

Since the contest's focus is on originality/uniqueness, why not pick the character you think is most likely to win in that area? The one that might have the most interesting design etc. :)