Closed to new replies
November 12, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 2

Slender Man fans, READ THIS

:iconosmiummachine:
OsmiumMachine Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I am working on a comic book about a David vs Golaith battle between Angels and Demons. However, I am a fan of the Slender Man Mythos and wanted to homage/pay tribute to it. But it's the most commonly used web series concept and I don't wanna come off as a noob ripping off Marble Hornets/TribeTwelve/everymanHYBRID/DarkHarvest, etc. And after watching the "So BAD it's HORRIBLE" Slender Man short film on the internet, I know I wanna avoid ripping off someone badly. How do I avoid that?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
Why do you need to pay homage to it? Unless there's a specific and good reason tied to the story, I would avoid it
:iconosmiummachine:
OsmiumMachine Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I dunno, I thought it would be cool. Plus, the Devil is the scariest being in Religion, and right now that title has been taken to the Slender Man, so I thought I could tie the two together.

Also, I was thinking (if the story comes out good) I could show it to Troy Wagner and do a Comic Adaptation of MH. Just saying...
Add a Comment: