Closed to new replies
November 12, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 0

I would appreciate your input in my ongoing drawing project called "POETICON"

:iconsquarenity:
squarenity Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
I'm currently working on a drawing/graphic design project that I've named "Poeticon". This project is also a part of an overarching research effort which aims to describe how we actually learn from eachother in networks like deviantART (masters degree in arts & crafts, Telemark University College, Norway).

My main inspiration for the drawing project is A. Preis' animal medallions, as seen here: [link].

I'm inspired by the circle format and by the way he manages to make something fairly simple really stand out, by means of lines and colour. My project has three problems (so far) that I would like some help with:

1) What would you suggest as a proper workflow for my project, going from miniature pencil sketch to something like the example above? I'm familiar with Photoshop and Illustrator, and I'm thinking of scanning the lineart ([link]) and making vectors out of it before colouring in PS.

2) I want to make a series of pictures within the same theme, and I think of them as small visual poems contained in circles ([link]). Any thougts on how to develop my ideas further? Anything I should take a look at as inspiration? Please let me know.

3) My first picture is coming along, but I'm having a hard time deciding how to proceed with the final lineart ([link]). Should I stick with one type of worm, or would the picture benefit from as much variation as possible?

Any input would be appreciated, both constructive and critical.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

No comments have been added yet.

Add a Comment: