Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 6, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

Is anyone else struggling with money as an artist?

:iconkev19180:
kev19180 Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Student Digital Artist
So me and a few artist friends of mine got the idea to begin creating residual income for ourselves and it has been going great. We can do our art and take jobs that we like and MOVE ON with our careers in directions we want because of the money coming in.
It wouldnt serve it justice to explain it all here.. so just send me a note if youre interested, and we can talk about it more personally a bit further. Im here to help you the whole way too.
And... please don't take this the wrong way, Im legitimately interested in your freedom. If you want to yell at me over the internet and tell me to get lost with my advertising, it's really completely your loss.
So yeah, my name's Kevin Gardin, I hope to see some notes in my inbox.

Devious Comments

:iconnamenotrequired:
namenotrequired Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Student Interface Designer
Duplicate thread, please use the original thread here instead [link] :) :lock:
:icondarue:
darue Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Just to let you know, this post seems to fit the format for a classic "bait-and-switch" scam.
In general, "We have a great idea that can make you money, but I can't tell you right now, talk with me in private for details" is pretty fishy.

I'm not saying that you're a scammer or that your intentions are somehow against our best interests - I'm just letting you know that the way you worded your pitch is rather fishy. Try re-wording it and divulging some details that at least let us know what's going on to some extent, even if some details are omitted.

Nevertheless, good luck to you and your endeavors!
Though I'm not an artist by trade, I know how hard it can be to make money off of art, so I hope everything turns out well.
kev19180 Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Student Digital Artist
In truth, the only reason why I worded it this way is so people dont get a misconception and make an uneducated decision on whether they want to do it or not. Its better as a face to face conversation. Usana is a network marketing company but it functions quite differently from the norm, thats all. and we would really like to talk to everyone whose interested as well and develop a personal relationship too.
Its not a scam, dont worry lol.
:iconcloudandis:
Cloudandis Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012
Nice! I'm glad to hear that art can help you make a profit. I'm also glad to hear that your friends are doing well too. Good luck!
thanks :) but its not really art. Its a separate business altogether.
Cloudandis Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012
Meh 8< Well I still say good job :D
heh, ok. I wont turn down a compliment lol
Cloudandis Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
XD okay. Have a nice day and thank you for the chat :D
kev19180 Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Student Digital Artist
lol no problemo. you too.