Closed to new replies
November 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 74

Looking For: free commissions

:iconkiarajoy:
KiaraJoy Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hi all! I'm looking for someone who'd be willing to draw some full-body pictures for me for some character sheets. I'm writing a novel adaption of the two fairy tales The Twelve Dancing Princesses and The Six Swans. Right now, I need to get the twelve princesses drawn. I currently have a contest going on, but no one has entered yet. :/

You don't have to be fantastic at drawing, but I would like these pictures to look nice. I have basic references in my gallery, plus character bios, and I know what changes I'd like done to the characters that I couldn't do with the doll maker I used to make the basic character design references.

Please comment here or note me if you'd like to help me! :)

If you'd like some more info, you can check out these links:
The Dancing Swans Artwork Contest
The Dancing Swans: Help me get it published! @ IndieGoGo.com
Hair Bow Commissions, Points & PayPal: commission hair bows so I can commission artists and give away contest prizes

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconlucillebluebennet:
LucilleBlueBennet Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
xDD Steampunk blocked me.. Takes a real pathetic loser who obviously has a poor foundation for their argument to block someone because they're just plain wrong.
KiaraJoy Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yes, well, karma will come back round and all that.
LucilleBlueBennet Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yeah.
:iconultralithematic:
UltraLiThematic Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
First. Itīs called requests.
Second. Wow. What did you do to make everyone angry??? :iconomgwhyplz:
I bet it was the "Free" Commissions.
Donīt let them discourage you. :icondeterminedplz:
KiaraJoy Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'll figure it out. It'll just have to go on the back burner, at least until I start school and my work study job next year and have the extra money to spend.
Well, APPARENTLY all everyone wants to do is offer opinions on how I'm wrong to be asking people for this so I'm done. Further comments will be ignored. If you want to draw something, check out my contest if it's still going on, or note me and let me know and I'll stick you on a list of "Artists I'd Love to Commission Someday".
:iconsteampunk-desperado:
Steampunk-Desperado Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
That's an extensive amount of work for nothing more than a "I promise to appreciate it!". :/

You might want to bring something to the table to offer, or just find a really gullible artist with zero talent to do it because truthfully that's about the only way you will fill your quota.

~siantjudas has the right idea. You're asking way too much of people who probably don't have the time for a REAL commission, let alone someone asking for a 12 person full body photo for no more than a pat on the ass to compensate. I find it downright insulting that you'd even ask such a thing. Mean as that sounds, a lot of REAL artists would agree. :no:
Okay, I'm done.

I don't believe I asked for full scale, blown out drawings. A simple shading cell style would have been fine, or heck, no shading even! That is not a lot. I am not asking for detailed backgrounds or multiple characters in one drawing or having them done in 24 hours. So congrats to you for being insulted and feeling the need to make sure I knew that, but you know what? Some people might WANT to have something like this to do for various reasons, and maybe they're not the best ever artist, or maybe they just want the practice/extra deviations/beef up their artist portfolio/whatever, or maybe they don't generally do something as simple as a drawing with no background very often and find it relaxing. Or hell, maybe they're just good people and want to help.
LucilleBlueBennet Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
It's okay, promise.
:iconsteampunk-desperado:
Steampunk-Desperado Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
Hey, the level of detail isn't really relevant when you're still asking for such a large project. Just because YOU don't think it should take long doesn't mean that it WON'T take long for certain artists.

You really shouldn't be so surprised and pissed off when it was you asking for people to go out of their way to do this giant favor for you for free. I'm sure if someone asked you to write a full-length novel for them for free, you would probably expect something in return for your efforts. You didn't even offer any sort of compensation, which is mostly what has people so pissed off at your naivety.

Not to mention, what if you don't even pull through on whatever you're writing and you basically extorted free artwork from some kind artist all for it to benefit neither of you? There is more than just yourself to consider here.

So you can "be done" all you want, but people are entitled to disagree with you. Myself included. So don't keep acting so upset when you brought it down on yourself, intentionally or not.
Add a Comment: