Closed to new replies
November 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 74

Looking For: free commissions

:iconkiarajoy:
KiaraJoy Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hi all! I'm looking for someone who'd be willing to draw some full-body pictures for me for some character sheets. I'm writing a novel adaption of the two fairy tales The Twelve Dancing Princesses and The Six Swans. Right now, I need to get the twelve princesses drawn. I currently have a contest going on, but no one has entered yet. :/

You don't have to be fantastic at drawing, but I would like these pictures to look nice. I have basic references in my gallery, plus character bios, and I know what changes I'd like done to the characters that I couldn't do with the doll maker I used to make the basic character design references.

Please comment here or note me if you'd like to help me! :)

If you'd like some more info, you can check out these links:
The Dancing Swans Artwork Contest
The Dancing Swans: Help me get it published! @ IndieGoGo.com
Hair Bow Commissions, Points & PayPal: commission hair bows so I can commission artists and give away contest prizes

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconlucillebluebennet:
LucilleBlueBennet Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
xDD Steampunk blocked me.. Takes a real pathetic loser who obviously has a poor foundation for their argument to block someone because they're just plain wrong.
KiaraJoy Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yes, well, karma will come back round and all that.
LucilleBlueBennet Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yeah.
:iconultralithematic:
UltraLiThematic Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
First. Itīs called requests.
Second. Wow. What did you do to make everyone angry??? :iconomgwhyplz:
I bet it was the "Free" Commissions.
Donīt let them discourage you. :icondeterminedplz:
KiaraJoy Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'll figure it out. It'll just have to go on the back burner, at least until I start school and my work study job next year and have the extra money to spend.
Well, APPARENTLY all everyone wants to do is offer opinions on how I'm wrong to be asking people for this so I'm done. Further comments will be ignored. If you want to draw something, check out my contest if it's still going on, or note me and let me know and I'll stick you on a list of "Artists I'd Love to Commission Someday".
:iconsteampunk-desperado:
Steampunk-Desperado Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
That's an extensive amount of work for nothing more than a "I promise to appreciate it!". :/

You might want to bring something to the table to offer, or just find a really gullible artist with zero talent to do it because truthfully that's about the only way you will fill your quota.

~siantjudas has the right idea. You're asking way too much of people who probably don't have the time for a REAL commission, let alone someone asking for a 12 person full body photo for no more than a pat on the ass to compensate. I find it downright insulting that you'd even ask such a thing. Mean as that sounds, a lot of REAL artists would agree. :no:
Okay, I'm done.

I don't believe I asked for full scale, blown out drawings. A simple shading cell style would have been fine, or heck, no shading even! That is not a lot. I am not asking for detailed backgrounds or multiple characters in one drawing or having them done in 24 hours. So congrats to you for being insulted and feeling the need to make sure I knew that, but you know what? Some people might WANT to have something like this to do for various reasons, and maybe they're not the best ever artist, or maybe they just want the practice/extra deviations/beef up their artist portfolio/whatever, or maybe they don't generally do something as simple as a drawing with no background very often and find it relaxing. Or hell, maybe they're just good people and want to help.
LucilleBlueBennet Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
It's okay, promise.
Hey, the level of detail isn't really relevant when you're still asking for such a large project. Just because YOU don't think it should take long doesn't mean that it WON'T take long for certain artists.

You really shouldn't be so surprised and pissed off when it was you asking for people to go out of their way to do this giant favor for you for free. I'm sure if someone asked you to write a full-length novel for them for free, you would probably expect something in return for your efforts. You didn't even offer any sort of compensation, which is mostly what has people so pissed off at your naivety.

Not to mention, what if you don't even pull through on whatever you're writing and you basically extorted free artwork from some kind artist all for it to benefit neither of you? There is more than just yourself to consider here.

So you can "be done" all you want, but people are entitled to disagree with you. Myself included. So don't keep acting so upset when you brought it down on yourself, intentionally or not.
LucilleBlueBennet Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
All I have to say is you're not in the wrong for politely asking for someones help.
Thanks for saying that, but I'm done. I'll just have to wait, people would rather tear me down and tell me that what I'm doing is wrong than ignore it if they don't agree with it or help.
Yeah, sorry about that...
:iconwickedpuppetnation:
WickedPuppetNation Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I just wanted to say, I don't understand what everyone's problem is...everything nowadays seems bout getting paid for everything! Why? This person is nicely requesting some free art, if you don't wanna do bc u're that greedy, then don't, find another forum entry that pays. Me on the other hand, I'd help out, but still got a bunch of requests to do plus my schedule is full :(

Do keep in mind though plz, don't forget bout people who do free requests for u, bc if u end up having some extra money, a donation to those people would make them very happy, even a little one. :)

Good luck.
Thank you! I am hoping that when/IF any one does these for me, I'll be able to send them points or otherwise reimburse them. :/
:iconwickedpuppetnation:
WickedPuppetNation Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Well you can check out my gallery, if you like my art send me a note w/ the link to this forum so I have direct link...when I'm done w/ all my other requests, if no1 has helped u out by then, I'll let u know if I can maybe do it for u. And don't worry bout the points, I have yet to get any kind of donation lol but u could add me to ur watch if I get it done and you like it :)
Well I kinda blew up in the forum, between being told I'm naive and an idiot and my five kids throwing temper tantrums instead of going to bed, but I will take a look at your art. :)

Okay, I have five kids to wrestle into bed, and it's the nanny's night off which means I'm the only adult, so I'll check over your gallery later - probably tomorrow - though I did like what was showing on your main page, like the girl with the rainbow hair and the red mermaid. :) Talk to you later.
:iconauffallend:
Auffallend Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Free Commissions are called Requests, and for something this extensive asking for it all for free is a big leap in the direction of the insane...

If it is something you can't afford, you should offer something else. Generally any decent artist won't do this kind of thing for free or just for a little exposure.

The kind of artists you will most likely get to do this for free are children or those who have JUST started drawing and the quality isnt going to be something you want to put into a novel, or people who are talented but aren't earning an income on their own and actually have the free time to do it, which is going to be VERY difficult to find and actually be reliable.

I do hope something good comes of your novel and requests, but I thought that this is something that you should realize.
Thanks for the opinion, I'll keep it in mind.
:iconauffallend:
Auffallend Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Take care and good luck =)
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012   Digital Artist
I think it's kind of insulting to artists to value work of that nature to be worthless.
I agree with you, it's extremely insulting to be asked so much of all for nothing. There are too many little kiddies around here that sell themselves short just for a tiny bit of exposure. Especially if the project doesn't pan out at all. :roll:
Oh shut up. Idiot, he asked he's no putting a gun to people's head and forcing them to do anything.
Steampunk-Desperado Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
That's nice. :aww: Just because you'll sell yourself for free doesn't mean anyone else will.

Now shoo, and go back to drawing your worthless little cartoons.
Sell myself? You're comment was pointless also he did say anyone had to you came here to be stupid now shoo :DD
Wow, you're so original little girl. :lol: Your parents must be so proud.
My mother is proud. c: I aim to please. Also I'm not trying to be original Dx But sure. You said it not me.
siantjudas Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012   Digital Artist
Thank you. I'm mostly taking issue with the fact that this isn't a charity project. The asking party plans to sell the work they are making, yet doesn't offer any kind of compensation, should she actually make money from this. All she really offers is a copy of the book that you helped make and a thank you inside it.
I had that thought as well. We're still super bad meanie people for disagreeing though, because not wanting to sell your stuff for free automatically qualifies you as a soulless man-beast to people here. ;)
Have you ever thought people can't afford that?
Wow seriously, that is the stupidest argument ever.
Shit I can't afford a car so maybe they should just fucking give me one for free.
Come back when you do art for a living.
Not really you can't even compare a car to art you know what happens when someone give you art for free? They give you art for free "Thanks!" "You're welcome bro, anytime"

You know what happens when you give someone a car for free? I need to pay for gas, you gave them something that they use to interact with society which they can die in.

Think ahead. Also shut up... You made THE worst analogy on this planet someones life against some drawn shit? DAMN!
See, that's the problem, you've already devalued art in your mind to find it acceptable that the amount of work and effort put into it is worth nothing more than a thank you. What you're telling me is that an artist's time and creativity is worth nothing to you, that it's just some "drawn shit".

But of course that's the typical response that I would expect from a child who doesn't actually live in the real world, doesn't understand the value of work, whose mommy and daddy still takes care of their candy ass.
No, my father tried to rape me and my mother almost killed me Some times the word thank you still help and also I said that just to piss you off because I already see you're some simple minded fool. And If I am a child like you say age doesn't have anything to do with this. Honestly you're just an idiot.

Money doesn't show something is worth a lot.

So that leads back to my original point, not everyone can afford things.
Just because someone can't afford something doesn't mean they should get it for free.

Once again, back to my original statement, an artist's time is not free, is not worthless. When it' your job, you don't run around doing it for free.

And you should know, thank you doesn't put food on the table.
Do you have a job?
He didn't put a gun to their heads and say "I deserve this" He, said is someone willing to do this for free.
(3 Replies)
:iconnekokawai:
nekokawai Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
It's not insulting and your art isn't worthless just because it's done for free. Think about all the art done for free for things like japanese tsunami. All art is worth something if it's for a worthy cause.

Also I'd love to do something for your project Kiara even if it's not quite my style, maybe I can contribute to your novel. Btw, it's nanowrimo, I'm glad you are working hard!
KiaraJoy Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hey, sorry, been trying to write but kiddos picked this time to drive me up a wall. @.@

Hey, sometimes trying a new style can be fun. ;) Maybe you could help advertise my contest? No one has entered yet.
nekokawai Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Sure, I can try maybe :3
Awesome!! I need some more prizes, too. :/ If I can collect enough points before the 17, I want to do the Buy 1, Get 1 Free memberships for some prizes. That would give the first place winner a 24 month premium subscription, second place 12 months and third place 6 months.
nekokawai Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Sounds good :3
You got any little sisters or cousins or something who need hair bows for Christasm? xD I have to buy parts for my graphics tablet.
nekokawai Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
I sadly don't XD What's wrong with your tablet?
(1 Reply)
Thanks for the opinion. If I could, I'd do real commissions. Obviously I can't, hence the post.
:iconweremole:
weremole Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012   Digital Artist
A free commission is a request because commission by definition is payed work.
Thanks for letting me know!
Add a Comment: