Closed to new replies
May 12, 2011
Link

Statistics

Replies: 0

Captain N Remake Project Webcomic Idea

:iconjay-nomis:
Jay-Nomis Featured By Owner May 12, 2011   Writer
As many of those born the 80's I grew up watching animated shows such as Super Mario Bros. Super Show, Legend of Zelda, Mega Man, and Captain N. When I was in high school I began to think about recreating Captain N into a more relatable character than he was in the show. In college I began working on the basis of an idea that I would come to call the "Captain N Remake Project".

Unlike the original Captain N which was comprised mostly of an episodic format, contained very few major enemies from the games as the villains for the series, and featured a mainly stationary cast, My Captain N Remake Project, or CNRP for short would be different.

For starters my CNRP would have an overarcing storyline for each story arc, with an ultimate ending set in mind from the beginning. There would be a rotating cast, meaning that the cast for one story arc may be different from the next, characters may die, and new characters introduced. Finally major enemies from games such as Ridley, Bowser, King K. Rool, Medusa, and Dracula would appear during certain arcs as the main enemy for that arc.

As for the initial cast I wanted a nostalgia feeling for the beginning. So I decided upon choosing a character from Mega Man Classic, Castlevania, Kid Icarus, and Metroid, along with a surprise new character. Thus the original N-Team for the Remake Project would consist of Mega Man, Julius Belmont, Pit, Samus Aran, and Goemon Ganbare. In addition to the N-Team there would be supporting characters which include Princess Lana, Commander R.O.B., Waddle Doo, Funky Kong, and an original character named Uregihs. Captain N would still be named Kevin Keene, although his personality is rather different. Duke would also exist but be more of a secondary character.

The Warp Zones which existed in the original still exist, although rather than being random portals and such, they are a system of portals controlled by Old Man Uregihs. The Power Pad and Zapper that the original Captain N possessed in the cartoon also no longer exist in my version, replaced with the an object called by the people of Videoland as the Mystic Wii-Mote.

I have the storyline for the first Saga which contains the first four arcs finished. The first arc, Welcome to Videoland deals with Kevin arriving in Videoland and recruiting the members of the N-Team to help defend the Palace of Power from an invasion of Space Pirates. The second arc, Alliance, deals with N-Team travelling throughout Videolands realms via Warp Gates seeking allies for the Palace of Power and new N-Team Members. The third arc, Back and Forth, has the N-Team scattered throughout the past and future of Videoland, where certain members of the team come face to face with their own harsh realities, and Kevin learns there were two Captain Ns before him. The fourth and final arc of the First Saga, which I will leave unnamed for now even though I already named it, deals with N-Team discovering the reason behind the attack on the Palace of Power, however the fall of one enemy means the rise of another greater force, one with more cunning than they realize.

I'm seeking an artist to help me realize this webcomic. Characters will come from almost any game that has ever been on a Nintendo System, as well as a few original characters here and there.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

No comments have been added yet.

Add a Comment: