Background Artist Required for Visual Novel

Description
I am looking for an inspired background artist for my visual novel. Backgrounds will be mostly static landscapes with a medieval/fantasy theme. Dimensions for the graphics can be negotiated, though I am currently thinking of 800x600 pixels. I am not particular about how my artist produce their graphics (traditional media, Photoshop, etc.) as long as they enjoy it and the end result looks reasonably good. The artist will, of course, be fully credited in the staff roll (by whatever name they prefer).

Project Background
The visual novel will feature an intricate story with anime-inspired characters and RPG/adventure game elements. Upon completion, it will be distributed as freeware. There is currently no set release date, meaning that there will be no real pressure placed on artists. This project exists mostly for its staff to exhibit their skills and enjoy working together doing what they like best.

Team Background
Our team currently consists of two people. One is myself, the project leader, story writer, programmer and composer. I have already established a detailed outline for the story, done extensive coding on the game engine and produced some 20 tracks of BGM. The second indispensable member of our team is my character artist, who has already done a dozen or so preliminary designs. I aspire to keep every member on my team up to date on the progress of the project.

Sorry if this came out a bit formal, but I wanted to be concise. We're actually quite a laid-back bunch who'd love to have more people involved in what we're doing.
Comments1
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In