Closed to new replies
May 30, 2008
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

A pixel sprite template project

:iconmacthurston:
MacThurston May 28, 2008   Interface Designer
I dont post much here on DA forums. But Ive been working on a bit of a project and I thought perhaps somebody here might want to get in on the action.

I have been working on a series of Sprite templates for use in game making programs like game maker, or rpg maker, Which I was planning to release as a public domain package for amateur game makers.

Originally I indentded to have a male and female human set of templates, for my own selfish use Shown In side view and top down poses, for use in my own shitty game maker project...But my project idea sucked and I scrapped it because I dont know how to program worth a damn But now I have these sprite templates, and resources...
I happen to moderate on an amateur game making website, [link], which is known for having a super public sprite generator, for public use to amateur game makers. So Im trying to get some outside help on creating a database of similar Sprite styles And interchangeable resources.

I have a few people helping me along making resources/outfits for the interchangeable Items, And figured I would post some info about this project here, to see if there were any spriters who would be interested in getting in on something like this.

Im trying to find spriters that can either help make "outfits" for the existing template or help in designing new body type templates in a similar style to the ones already created.

[link]
[link]
[link]
[link]
[link]
[link]
[link]
[link]

Credit will be given for any contributions made on any custom work or re-colours of existing articles. Obviously this is a volunteer endeavor, I dont have any money or prizes to offer...Just credit, and the satisfaction of knowing you contributed to a project to make unique custom templates and resources for a public sprite generator project so that aspiring amateur game creators can make better projects for us all to enjoy.

ANYHOW
Send me a note, or hit me up on msn knives_are_quiet@yahoo.com
or email me at the same. And I can give you some details on the images and specs and stuff.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

MacThurston Jun 4, 2008   Interface Designer
Another bump
MacThurston May 30, 2008   Interface Designer
We do primarily cater to the 2k3 sprites, but are currently trying to expand into XP, and VX templates...
which means really, anything goes.
We still have a server change, forum upgrade and some other issues to deal with before the generators will accomadate new sprites...which gives ample time for the project.
:iconpatt-ytto:
Well, it all comes to talent really. I thout you guys were still making RPGM2k3 sprites. Those are the ones i use a lot.

While coloring means a lot of work for bigger sprites, and everone here has their own business to attend to, i don't think i'm quite up for the job. But i'll still try a few.
[link] <- I have only made things small like FF.
MacThurston May 30, 2008   Interface Designer
friendly bump
Add a Comment: