Praise the first deviation on dA!

Because its description tells you everything you'd like to know <3
A Dangeruss QNX by dangeruss
And it's a great way to see some kind of history happening in front of our eyes! :)
Comments65
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Woah, never really thought of "the first deviation" but it's really interesting now that I'm here thinking and stuff... :'D
I never thought about it before I tried to explain thumbs to one of the new users and I found by accident that thumb with number 1234 exists so I started wandering what is the lowest number I can find ^^ It turned out it was 12 :)
I would have been six, holy crap. The oldest I remember DA is when I first found it in 2004 I think? This is what it looked like then web.archive.org/web/2004061414…
This is what it looked like the day I joined web.archive.org/web/2007101404…

I feel old
I can't remember when I first found deviantArt but it was when I was looking for Star Wars chibis ^^''' Can't remember how did it look like through ^^'''''
This is so old art didn't exist yet.

(I'm aware that things like the Renaissance and stuff happened a few hundred years ago it's a sarcastic joke intended to be funny so now you know before ranting about this also this is starting to get really awkward so I should stop writing soon enough before my- nevermind my fingers are starting to cramp up and stuff well see ya later).
But when you think about "Renaissance and stuff" you know immidiately that it happened many years ago and when you think about technology everything feels so young, isn't it?
True that.

Those eight letters and period would have been at your house two years later back then :XD:
Now I wonder what was the first submission by someone who wasn't part of the staff at the time.
I guess it would be this one
bSCATES Desktop 2.1 by pressf8
;)
Woah! Posted maybe seven or eight years before I even joined this site!
Amazing, isn't it?
Yes, yes it is!
Good god I was like 1 when this got uploaded...

I always wondered what the first pic on DA was!
Wow, a lot of new users are younger than this. Pretty crazy.

I was 7 1/2... but joined DA three years and a few months later. :)
Yeah, pretty crazy ^^
I was living in an apartment after my parents left for California at the time.  They had just bought a computer with internet access, but I didn't have one.
I have computer since I can remember... it feels weird to thing about the times when having computer wasn't so common :O
I know what you mean.  My first computer was a Commodore 64 that you hooked up to the TV.  It was purchased at a local Sears store for about $1,000...and that was a sale price.  My favorite thing to do with it was make pictures using the graphic and color changing keys.  You could do that by holding down either the Shift or "Commodore logo" :iconcommodoreplz: key while typing another.