Getting up everyday and going to work despite how you may feel inside

This is for every one who gets up everyday to earn their living despite depression or feeling very low

Spread your positive stories of keeping your head above water
Comments21
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Hell yeah my dear.
Aye!

I do not go to work, but my college-situation is quite a discouraging one, so I can relate.

Keeping my head above water? Drawing. Storytelling. Poetry. Playing music. Writing music. Working out. Working on my upcoming Youtube channel.
I am not going to pretend that it actually gets me 'out of the water', but at least I am not drowning.
I have that problem. It has gotten better now that I am in a job where people dont yell at me for asking questions but this feeling can seriously ruin someone
More like getting up to go to school...

Still, it has been very difficult because of my depression. Also, going to school means seeing my ex and most likely getting harassed more. I'm so glad it's summer vacation. Bucktooth 
Make the best of this summer then. I'm actually looking forward to the school year, I won't have to work hopefully. Good luck with your situation btw.
Yeah, I'm trying to. Thanks.
I felt like that every time I've had to work a fast food job. All its done is pushed me to get better at art so I can get my dream job in a game studio.
I've only been working at McDonald's for two weeks, but now I'm seriously planning to do commissions to replace this, once I save up for a laptop, then it'll be all uphill from here.
Just avoid the days when the buses come in with like 50 hungry kids...
You're a trooper mate - I think I would lose the remnants of my sanity being stuck behind a counter all day.
Anyone would begin to lose their sanity stuck doing jobs like that....
I draw and design for a living, but it's with signs, so instead of the freedom to create form and living, breathing works, I essentially create squares and numbers repeatedly and consistently. It's such a drag, but I keep trucking on knowing that I'll eventually move on to greener pastures. Eventually, I'll get a true design job, then after that, I'll get my dream job in the gaming world after I go back to college.

Things usually work themselves out. :brushteeth:
I am freelance, I can chose what jobs to do. 
I want to die every time the alarm clock rings. Not because of depression, but because I sleep so badly. :icongrossplz:
Well, it's either go to work or don't get money. I've just gotten used to being miserable all the time, I guess.

I don't like the concept of money, but at the same time the world revolts around it, so I guess there's nothing I can do about that.

But I'm always armed with a Rockstar drink or two to help me get through the day, it's literally happiness in a can!
That, and having some creative hobbies help keep my motivation up for the days to come.
What would you like to use instead of money?
Payment in sweaty flesh :eyes:
That works too. :eyes:
Depression and anxiety love to heckle me.  But I took a summer job as a camp counselor.  Not easy to wake up early and force myself to be happy all the time.
Still, it makes me a little emotional when the kids give me hugs or say they want me as their leader for an activity.  Makes me realize that despite the exhaustion and turmoil in my head, I am making these kids days better.
I wake up lazy everyday. Those who can work beyond their limits are to be highly admired. I did get past the stress of high school, though.