the friends i mean true friends u make on line

I've made a few friends on line that i consider family they are some of the most amazing and life altering relationships i have ever made and i am thankful that i found them in a time where i personally hate that i use social media because of what most people post i personally find to be a waste of time i am glad that i have used the tools of this age of connection in a way that is positive 

and while I'm at it praise the people that use the internet for more than selfies likes and followers and those god damb games i get constant invites to we live in a age where information people and opportunity is more connected than ever before 
Comments9
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I've only made one good 'friend' through some online thing. I went on to meet him irl, and got closer that way... but I would've never met him and got to know him in the way I have were it not for the IM thing though... and knowing/meeting him is probably the best thing that will ever happen in my life. 
one good friend is all u need sometimes i don't know what i would do with out a few of the people that the internet has opened up to me
When I talk to people they almost always recycle what they saw on tv or on the internet, as if they have no thoughts on their own. It really pains me that I'm in a class with self oriented pricks. 

I almost never use facebook, and when I do I am constantly bombarded with pointless quotes from people I can't care less about that mostly talk about how hard it is to be a woman or to find the perfect man. Damn it's cringey. 

Then there are these girls who wake up every day and take 40 identical pictures infront of the camera. All the pictures look the same, with the same poses and duck faces, all that "might" change is the background, but you can't see the background because 90% of the image is filled by their face.

And then they get a thousand likes with people saying pointless things like "You look so fine" "Cute" "Better looking than ever". 

Then you might get a post about how people should stop acting childish. The post is usually made by a person who takes pictures of himself/herself doing stupid things like playing with the equipment at a kindergarten and possibly braking it.

Then you get spammed with random stupid facebook games "Bobo the funnyman invites you to play Brick lick online". They don't invite you because they think that you might like the game or anything like that, they just need to progress so they spam you with this useless content. 

When I go into facebook I usually use it to find more information about school from our class, I also use it to exchange information with people I might not meet. But damn the other crap is annoying.
i honestly only keep and use it to keep in touch with a small circle of people and i share some of my work there as well but i know what u mean that is exactly what i hate about social media 
Yeah I know why you use it. It's silly for people to say that friends are "real" only if you can go and talk to them face to face, as if when there is a long distance from each other that makes the person less real.

Friend is an overused word used to describe buddies that you chat with but you can't really trust to help you.

I personally had more real friends on the internet than meeting them outside. Once I joined a minecraft server, and I met a 9 year old boy who really wanted to build a house with me, I told him that I had a birth day so I didn't have much time to play. Later that day when I logged in he made me a cake, he said that it took him quite a while to get the stuff.

From then on I met his older brother and the three of us ended up sharing skype info and playing pretty regularly. A random person I met on the internet brought me more joy than most people I see when I go outside.

Ps: on the small circle thing, I only really have like 3 people I chat with on facebook. It's kind of weird because people keep saying how small my friend list is and they have 30000 friends that they don't even know about. 
hahaha I've been thinking about cleaning out my friends list (not a word i throw around lightly either) but decided its not worth the effort lol i don't even think i have 3000 friends lol don't really care either I've been able to meet a few of the FB friends I've made and am trying to get together with a few more that r more like family in many ways 
there is nothing wrong with making friends over the internet. I have met some wonderful and amazing people who i consider as close as my real life friends. Modern technology allows global communication. It would be kind of dumb to assume that true friends only exist within a physical presence. And even though i have IRL friends and love them dearly i hold my internet friends just as close to heart.

so i have to say i agree with you on this one.

(Shoutouts to cielobaby , LordDAE , Kirex-gif , greensubmarine and any other motherfucker i skipped or isn't on this site. next to the fact that y'all are talented as fuck people i also consider you dudes my friends.)
glad im not alone love your "any other motherfucker i skipped" i forget to or get to lazy to tag people in posts lol