A Risk Definitely Worth Taking!

Alrighty, so I've been on DA for years just never posted anything relevant to me requesting art for my web-browser game.  ( Just cropped an image out of an old game and used it as a male skeleton). Now, I've come to realize as a programmer, stop trying to do it all! Let artists do their thing and you do you.

So with that said, I made a topic requesting a male character: forum.deviantart.com/jobs/offe…  

And was contacted by ameshin.deviantart.com/. I was hesitant at first and didn't really trust to pay the money upfront but after looking over their gallery, I liked what I saw and we kept messaging each other through private messages about what I want and so I said you know what I'll take a risk and sent the money. 

Ameshin contacted me via email around a day n a half later with the male character and asked to do any changes. I said maybe fix his left forearm and chin and his right toe is a little too long. And ofcourse (she knew as well), to polish the edges and finish him. All of this was fixed within 24 hours and I finally got my full .PSD today.  I was amazed because not only did the character look clean to me, but there were optional layers to change/modify the character a bit (race, ethnicity, detail) which this feature was NOT discussed in messages and that really made me happy! :D

Now, a female version character is being created too! (Non nude ofcourse!) But just letting you all know my experience and praise. And no they did not tell me to write a review / praise about them.

In the end... find an artist that is trustworthy, nice, and has great skill and run with them. Give them your money and let them do what they do best. I need to stop trying to think I can do everything for my game, when in-reality, I only live in code.  Let artists do their thing, and programmers do theirs. My take on it anyway.  Just an awesome experience here at DA and thought I'd share! Thanks for reading if you made it this far haha.
Comments4
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
thats really good :D
its nice that you have grown this sense of trust between you and the person you commissioned :D
That's nice and all, but I suspect this might be against forum rules and "better suited for your journal". 
awww this is so sweet :love: i love to commission artists too, there is a special feeling when they do the art better than you expected.