The portal game series

Seriously one of the best fps games I've played in terms of both concept and gameplay.

What do you folks think?

Anti: why don't the fuckers make Portal 3?

Bonus: plenty of custom maps and mods... :la: some are freakin awesome
Comments53
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I love the Portal series. I agree on it being one of my favorite FPS.

However I like where it ended, and believe the ending is indeed the end. As much as I want another Portal, given the way 2 ended it would feel awkward.
My OCDness is aching to say that Portal is a Puzzle series, not an FPS.

...sowwy :I
It's both. Suck it OCD! Don't let it win!!
Well if it were an FPS, you'd be shooting things such as enemies and what not. FPS's refer to using the gun as a weapon, when in Portal, the only thing you're aiming at is the environment around you. It's a first person spatial puzzle game.
Honey it's a joke. *pat pat*
No but a joke would have an impact while the-- *bricked*
I couldn't help but be suspicious of GLADoS though. She never does what she says Sad chica 
I think the fact that Portal 2 proper has millions of fan-made levels that you can download and is built-in to the stock game is the main reason they aren't making a Portal 3. Why bother when you've crowd-sourced new levels out to millions of players who are creating more levels in a week then your staff could in 5 years? Basically unless they come up with some new stuff like the gels and whatnot that are significantly different, there's not much else they can add game-play wise which has been the main thing about the game more so then the story.
True... but I still would love an official Portal 3
I just played portal 2 but I totally enjoyed it! The ending was a real mindf*ck and the co-op modus is a lot of fun, especially when having the opportunity to use Skype and if you want to get all the achievements on steam! :D I like games for which I pay less and have more fun with (you don't need the newest AAA games to have much fun). Got Portal 2 for 5€ in the sale and had around 40 hours of fun with it.
:nod: have you tried the custom co-op maps yet?
Yes! Did you too? I especially like the labyrinth maps. They are fun to do and sometimes quite challenging :D
Yes :) And I love those
Portal 2 is easily one of my all time favorite games. Portal 1, on the other hand...
I did not enjoy the first Portal.. :/
What did you dislike about it?
The puzzles felt more convoluted, less practical, and less rewarding than Portal 2. I feel that it was praised mainly for the new gameplay technique. Portal 2 fixed all of this IMO.
True... but given that Portal was just an experimental game that was based off the halflife engine it was pretty good for its time.... But I agree Portal 2 was much more enjoyable, fluid and immersive. The plot was better thought through as well
I fking love portal
me too :la: but I'm totes jealous of PrairieLily ... she's got two companion cubes and I hate her guts for it
It's an awesome series with an interesting and unique concept. That, and I quite like science fiction. :nod:

I'd love to see a Portal 3 - but, as mentioned, Valve don't seem particularly fond of third instalments. I don't see why not, though - Portal was fairly popular, so surely a third version would be successful if they were to make one?