Praise people who actually follow the ToS

Noticing a growing number of people getting banned when they deserve it. DeviantART is starting to get better. 8-)

Terms of service is here.
Copyright policy here for those who need it.
Then there's Etiquette and Privacy Policy.
Comments34
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
:lol:

If only more people recognised the awesomeness of the ToS. :worship:
Not too many people take the time to read it. They just click, click, click, thinking that it's just "common sense" which I can understand if they mean "don't be an idiot," but it doesn't mean that it isn't necessary to actually take the time to read the fine print because there's always at least something they may not have noticed that's extremely important.

Also that little heart thing next to your username, I know that means you're a volunteer, but is that similar to that of a forum moderator where they maintain the forums and also answer questions for forum users or is there also other duties I haven't noticed?
Yeah, it's one of those things that many people just click, "I accept" on.

You are very true there. It seems silly on their part when everything is already described in the ToS.

That about describes what Chats/Forum Community Volunteers do, yes. :P
Now that's good news indeed! 
Something we can finally agree on! :ahoy:
We both follow the rules and the idiots we reported get banned. Sorry for the confusion.
We can only hope it gets much better.
Oh man those rules are arcane and suffocating. It seems to safest way to keep a screencap comic posted is under derivative works clauses thanks to the US Copyright Law...

And I've never understood to what extent lampoons, satires and parodies are protected. Even commercial publications like MAD magazine have come under fire from time to time.
I'm not 100% informed on copyright laws so I don't know if I can help you there.
I only know that I defended myself once from some British chick citing American Copyright Law as to why my work should be taken down... only to shut her up by citing the clause on Derivative Works.

If someone wants to use our country's laws as a platform for a misguided crusade, they should at least have the decency to learn them. 

That said, really the best way to avoid trouble is to not be a dick. What a GROUNDBREAKING discovery that life lesson is!

It should be a law. "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that no man should behave like a dickwad."
Wait, you mean people are FINALLY getting banned for uploading artworks of topless 12 year olds?
Yes.

One person I've argued with got suspended and I'm assuming that was because of the nearly naked underage girls he uploaded onto dA.
Well, nice to know. Too bad I've heard the exact opposite from other users. Shows that there's still a long path for DA staff to walk. :/
They were anime girls at that too.

I'll never understand the whole "they're just fictional" argument. Like you can't compare fictionalized naked underage girls to controversial games like Grand Theft Auto and say "it's just fictional."
if the "fictional" argument isn't acceptable for sexualized drawings of children, then shouldn't da also ban all artwork depicting any kind of violence?

actually i myself don't know where i stand of the drawings of sexualized children thing. i dislike those drawings, and yet, it's not like actual children are being molested just because someone makes a drawing like that.

and with anime girls there are plenty of teen girls who look like children to some people, just because of the anime style in general. but they are still teens.