The greatest culinary region on Earth

Now... Italian food is pretty fancy... Most russian food I've tried it horrible. I've never tried french so I can't say. I love German food, and the Doner Kebab is my favorite dish. The greeks make some good stuff two... I do love Gyros. Indian food is very hit and miss too... Some of it's alright, some of it tastes like cat shit. I also love Hawaiian and most island foods... such as bahaman and jamaican dishes. Never had Austrian food, but I know Kangaroo is delicious.

The Japanese make some nice fancy dishes. I like most of their snacks, appetizers, sushi and stuff like that. I mean... raw whale meat sounds delicious. However, when it comes to just meat, rice and veggies.. the Chinese got em beat. I'd take chinese stir fry over Japanese Hibachi anyway... But I prefer Japanese Yaki Soba, over Chinese Lo Mein. I'm not trying to be racist... but I know dog is consumed in a lot of parts of China... and you know what... that's cool with me, I wanna try it.  Don't get me started on the Koreans and their beef bulgogi... Vietnamese food is... um... interesting. Some good, some horrible.

I love both tex mex, and authentic mexican food as well as food from other parts of south and central america. I also like the way Californians do mexican food. However..
Let's put it down for the greatest cooks in the world... this is where the greatest of food is made... In the American South. That includes Creole, Cajun, Appalachian... all of it.

Soul Food, 'Gater, Pork BBQ, those stinky chitlings, Collards, Ham Hocks, Cornbread, 'tater salad.... East NC... best pork bbq. Our vinegar based BBQ sauce is perfect for it... Texas and Kansas city got some good BBQ sauce too... Louisiana is the soul food capital of the world... Nobody cooks seafood like New Orleans. Kentucky is the chicken capital of the world....

Delicious lard, greese and oil... everything is meant to be fried... if a vegetable is unfryable.. it shouldn't exist. If an animal can't be killed and eaten... it deserves to be extinct. In the South, we fry any vegetable... ANY vegetable... if it's growable, it's fryable.

And if it's got four legs, you can fill it full of lead and eat it. Rabbits, racoons, possums, squirrels, turtle. If they're in your back yard, they belong on your plate.
Comments18
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I prefer Swedish food over everything, I must say.
Kanelbulle, Köttbullar, Falukorv, etc. 
Yum yum yum! :) 
There is nothing inherently fancy about Italian food. Much of it is basically peasant food. In fact that goes for a lot of European cuisine. 
silversongwriter is gone, yay!
Japan defiantly nailed down best snacks. Pocky is the greatest. And sushi can be a snack too! In fact Japanese food is addicting. ITS JUST SO GOOD.
They got raw whale meat... and that's awesome.
I love German food, but I'm from Germany so it's kind of a given. I actually really don't like any other 'cultural' foods.  :grump: 
Spain. I miss my food! :noes:
So you would say you're gay for meat?
id argue it's more gay to not eat mear
What he inserts into himself is none of our business
I'm actually quite curious!
Mmm finally a journal where people aren't complaining!
The greeks make some good stuff two... I do love Gyros.

If gyros are all you eat of Greek food, how do you know they make anything good? Gyros are like Greek mystery meat.
I love Japanese, French and Italian cuisine.  SO GOOD!  And I have a natural like for German food since it is my heritage ^^  Oddly enough, everyone but me loves Mexican food.  I honestly hate.  Dunno why.  
Of course USA midwestern foods are unique and delicious as well!
Well now that is a surprise a descent journal...so I won't be smart ass about it...Of course many of those foods I have ate and were quite delicious...some I haven't had a chance yet...but nothing taste quite as good a good "poutine" especially from Canada...we have good meals also...we have some of the best Surf and Turf...Steak House...and yeah chicken from KFC...I guess it all comes down to what you are used to eating....:)