Praise artists who sell their work!

It is so hard to be an artist. There are so many people who think art is worthless. On DA there are so many nice people and wonderful groups but not all of them support artists selling. Some people think that it is even wrong to sell art. I think that everyone deserves to make a living doing what they love. It does not matter what it is. If something makes you happy you should devote your life to it!

So let's praise the working artists selling art! Commissions, adoptable characters, prints, shirts, books, websites, ads, gallery fine artists, photographers, illustrators, sculptors! All of you are wonderful!
Comments9
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I know so many artists who poured their hearts out into making a living out of it! they worked so hard to get good enough to sell^^
Finaly someone who makes this part of the forum useful.
Ha ha thank you!
As an indie artist trying to make a living out of my passion: thank you! :love: And to anyone else who is trying to do the same? Whether it is for full-time income or just a bit of pocket money, best of luck to you all and GOOD ON YA. :dummy:

I've been selling handmade jewelry/accessories online since 2011 and began selling my digital art online at the beginning of 2013. It's taken me a hell of a lot of time, effort, money, trial, and error to get the ball rolling but it has been worth it. I can't say my online sales really pay the bills, but it has paid for quite a lot of expenses such as international plane tickets and a new laptop, so I can't complain either. ;) It's not really about the money for me at this point, though. It's given me the opportunity to interact with a ton of awesome people, hear feedback about products I've made that people felt were worthy enough to spend their hard earned money on, and also help out others looking to sell their art online, as well. :nod: It's also taught me a hell of a lot in regards to valuing my own art, being proud of what I do, and having confidence in my own style and technique.

For anyone looking to get into selling their art, be brave and take the first steps! :hug: You can start very small without major risk through a plethora of awesome online sites, one of which obviously being right here on dA. :D I wish anyone/everyone trying to sell their works online the best of luck. :heart: Praise artists indeed!
Thank you for sharing your story. I think more people should know that selling artists sell because they love what they do and want to share beautiful things with the world! Rarely do these wonderful people actually get the funds they deserve. <3
I concur with this! 

I wish I could sell my art on a regular basis, but its so hard trying to "market" yourself. 
Keep at it. It is easy to lose confidence but continuing to work will make us both better.

I have been thinking about this lately... Anime is so popular on DA that thousands of artists like to draw in this style. Maybe it is all starting to look the same to people? I am thinking we must do something different to stand out. Maybe I should get better at drawing too. ^_^