Pet Names

I just want to praise pet names. A better explanation is cute/friendly nicknames. 

You'll just be doing your things, and then someone calls you something cute. And it just makes you feel all warm inside and fluffy. Or it makes you smile because it's just so cheesy. 

A pet name I truly enjoy is when my husband calls me "lovey." Just the way he says it, and the way he looks at me when he calls me that. Makes me all warm and fuzzy. 

Of course I then reciprocate by calling him "Honey Liver-cakes." and he proceeds to try and hide a smile and shoves me away. Then he says, "no." or "Go away." but all the while he's trying to swallow that smile, and keep a manly exterior. X3

I also recently heard a pet name from another deviant, one s/he used for their significant other. And it was totally adorkable too. And just thinking of new ones is so much fun.

So if you have any you wish to share, or you adore pet names too, share some love for names inspired by fondness. :heart: And while you are at it, take some time to think fondly of those who refer to you with pet names. 
Comments34
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Lol my given name has a lot of contractions but I don't let but two people call me them IRL. If anyone tries to call me anything shorter than my name I'm like "NO." One of them I don't have the heart to correct and the other is a special case >w<
aw~ well its special that way.

My name is Rachel. And everyone tries to shorten it and make it cuter and I firmly say no, and put them in their place. Only my mother gets away with the name alterations. And that's because she never listens when i tell her no. 
My mom's Russian, so she usually just calls me Kristinachka, and she and my stepdad both call me "malinka corichka" ( my little hen).

And one of my guy-friends-with-whom-I-should-REALLY-be-dating calls me Zorra, which is Spanish for "vixen," I think.

A lot of foreign words.
Aw~ that's so cute. Its nice to hear that even foreign places have such wonderful pet names. :heart:
My boyfriend calls me Kitty all the time, sometimes "Mew Mew" since I say "Mew" a lot xD
My husband calls me a cat sometimes, cause i like scritches on the top of my head. and i like hiding under blankets, and playing in the middle of the night.
Aww xD I kinda find that adorable
Most pet names make me feel really uncomfortable. I like it when my boyfriend calls me princess, though.
Well the use of pet names stems back to affection and closeness. If you aren't close or super close friends with the person, then obviously a name based on affection would be odd. 

But i grew up with having a mother that always called people "hon" or "sweetie" or "dear" so quite often I catch those things slipping into my conversations, even though i don't really know the people all that well. ^^;
I'm not good with affection, even with those I am close to.

Ahah, I see. x3
not everybody wears there affection and emotion on their sleeves. :3
I've always felt awkward using pet names. My fiancé calls me "hon" most of the time and I like it, but I don't use any pet names myself.
Well its not for everyone of course. But there's always a someone who will call you something sweet, and it makes you feel special. 
Oh I love pet names too! My fiance calls me "snoogins," while I call him "sweetie pie."
Elaborate on what a "snoogins" is. That one sounds cute. XD
I honestly have no idea what a snoogins is. It was just something he came up with.

When I urbandictionary the word I guess it's supposed to mean something along the lines of "sweet," "cool," or "awesome."
It sounds like something you can't help but smile when you hear it. XD
ive been called shaggy,wyndy,and a few times ive been called kitty
Iced heard people call each other kitty. That ones commonly cute. Online nicknames are fun too. I get a lot of people calling me Saijy.
One o my friends calls me Skirtz But idk why.
What does it stand for?