In praise of art

I often find myself in awe of artists here on dA, truth be told. But with that said, underappreciation is a major problem we all face as members in this community.

Thus, for that reason, here's my share of works which you'll like, with an opinion from me about why they're important.

Silence In The Heart by SilentTrain   

I have seen plenty of digital artists here on dA. My personal favorite is onibox and ACKZ-TWISTED-ART as well. But this one was interesting - I like it for it being an honest and heartfelt piece. Look at those colors, Look at Silence (the name of the creation) . Its in my opinion quite ethereal.

The Last Portrait. by AdanVC  

Yeah, people going "ah, a photograph of an old man. big whoop". Well (laughs) its 3D . What you see is a 3D rendering, drawing, and composition of an old man taking a picture. In my honest opinion, the dedication the person gave to this work is worthy of praise. I personally think of it as praiseworthy.

The girl who lives under water by ArtofMadameGrotesque

Her themes may vary significantly, but her drawing style is in itself, a nostalgic medium and technique. I find it strongly nostalgic and although this might seem odd, I feel no regret in saying it - I felt more open when I saw her works. No matter what the theme or presentation, they had a sheer honesty which was worthy of praise. All the more reason for why I recommend her works. I personally am moved into writing something on it and hopefully I'll be posting it sometime soon because I was inspired by this work.

Dazzling by syuka-taupe  

Its out of this world, this drawing is - for a start, its multidimensional and it has multiple perspectives to it; for another, the person can interpret freely and with never ending fascination. In all honesty, its solid grounds for a writer to write something on.

Marreck by aixado  

This here child looking out at you :aww: is a traditionally drawn work. Everything, down to the eyes, has been drawn from the ground up using raw art tools. Personally, I went :wow: when I saw it. And even now, I'm in awe when I see it.

Ultra-low2 by MikhailSavier

I like it because of its concept, its sharpness, its ambiance, and how the balance in the shading has been handled. Well done honestly.

Devil In Dark by AndyHep  

Dark, Spooky, Eerie, and its a perfect setting in case you're into Silent Hill or Alone in the Dark (the latter more than the former honestly speaking).

Argider by GaryLaibArt  

My last work which I mention here - I FUCKING LOVE SKYRIM!! :la: All the more reason why I end with this work - LOOK at it! I mean, broadsword, armor, and a face that's seen war... its ripe fruit waiting to be written and praised!

That's it from my side really... hope you like this.
Comments66
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I wish I could be half as good as most of the artist I see here o.o
You're not all that bad, y'know :pat:

Have you tried expanding your horizon? You have good basic skills (at least in my observation).
Very nice thread :) I love this spirit of sharing .  <3
:) Appreciate it.
Praise ze artness ^^
Amazing artists! 
:) That they are, no doubts there.
You're making a thread about...other people's art?
Is that a crime? I'm praising it and its in the praise forum.
No, it's just so unnatural for someone to be showing off art that isn't theirs...
Unnatural? Its a praise forum!

By that logic, its unnatural to praise anything which isn't ours - which would basically kill the whole purpose of praising anything since everything - and even one's body... well... 90% of it anyway - isn't ours .

The wind is not ours, nor is air or fire or wind or Justin Bieber or thatguywiththeglasses.com or spinach or :iconbreastsplz: or... :iconchez-rollseyesplz: :iconchezpalmplz:

To be honest with you, I just wrote all the above because I wanted to use my own emotes :iconchez-lolplz: , Annoying idiocy, isn't it ;)
I meant here. People usually make threads showing off their art, and then say "show me your art" when they really don't care and they're really just using that to keep their thread at the top (well, not everyone who makes a thread like that is so self-centered), and yet you're making a thread where you show off other people's art without a thought about your own. That's unnatural.
no it isn't... its selfless. :)

I guess you haven't been in the right kind of company before. :hug: C'mon, hang out with me and you'll find people who'll be really happy to check your work out :dummy: I know - I look forward to it often.
Wow...you're just about the most selfless person I've met here...
View all replies
I love it when you do stuff like this. I think it really spreads to the community! I think that was so amazing about imaginative-lioness and the roadtrip. I met a lot of new people through that. Thank you for sharing these. 
:) True that. It was a wonderful thing to do.

:handshake: stay awesome.
I hope that imaginative-lioness does another roadtrip. I hope she sees this too! 

I try to, but no guarantees. 
:) You're a wonderful writer. Stay blessed.
I think I am an average writer at best. I say the same to you, stay blessed and well. To health. 
not at all. You're a really good writer honestly.
I could be much better if I developed more patience. I don't plan on writing forever though. 
View all replies
Oh my word. You featured me?! I'm shocked. 

To be displayed with these artists, oh my. I am simply honored. 

Thank you so much. <3

xoxo
How could I not?! Its a really wonderful work.

:) Keep drawing, sweetheart. You'll deliver for sure.