Closed to new replies
February 23, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 37

Praise Heavy Metal!

:iconmarioluigi96:
MarioLuigi96 Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013
Don't you just love metal? Actual instruments, lyrics not afraid to speak their mind, numerous awesome sub genres, songs with real emotion, cool album covers,the ability to make you headbang even if you don't want to, etc.

I just can't thank it enough. Music has changed my life, and has changed the lives of many others around the world.

That metal prevails, even with all the undeserved bad press it gets, and with Simon-Mother-Fucking-Cowell telling people that they want to listen to vomit inducing pop 'music' instead of real music is amazing. It shows how, even amongst all the arguing, the metal community won't give up, and pull together when needed. And also that we all love each other really. Awww....:cuddle:

So turn up the speakers, throw some devil horns, headbang until you need a new neck off and join me in praising metal- the greatest genre of music in the world! :headbang:

My fave bands:
Periphery
DevilDriver
Animals As Leaders
Meshuggah
Slipknot
Bloodbath
AGHAST!
The Sword
Maximum The Hormone
Blotted Science
Five Finger Death Punch
Machine Head
Upon a Burning Body
System Of A Down
Mastodon
Crossfaith (anyone else know them?)
Karydbis

Who are your favourite bands and why?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmihaihen:
Mihaihen Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2013
Lol, you people have no taste. That can't even be called music.
This is real music you barbarians:
[link]
MarioLuigi96 Featured By Owner Mar 10, 2013
Of course it's real music- all music is 'real music': Rap, Classical, Metal, Jazz,Electronic, Pop, Opera,Country, etc. It doesn't matter if you like it or not- music is music.

But, I don't see how you can insult people that you don't know based entirely on what kind of music they listen to.

For example, I think the music you linked me to was utter shit, but I don't think you are an idiot or a 'barbarian' for liking it, I respect the fact you like it, and it doesn't change my opinion of you.

And I would also like to know how metal isn't music, because I'm sure most people, even those who don't like it agree that it is a form of music. Stop being so ignorant.
Mihaihen Featured By Owner Mar 10, 2013
Lol, i was jk matey. Of course what i linked was utter shit... that was the hole point :\
MarioLuigi96 Featured By Owner Mar 11, 2013
Well, you made me feel very stupid :D
I dunno, I just get pissed off with people that do actually have that opinion, so I assumed you really did too. At least you have a sense of humour, cause I apparently don't!
Sorry dude. :)
Mihaihen Featured By Owner Mar 11, 2013
No worries, i am a metal fan myself ;) Hope you got a laugh from this *hugs*
MarioLuigi96 Featured By Owner Mar 12, 2013
:hug:

:headbang:
Mihaihen Featured By Owner Mar 12, 2013
:highfive:
:iconmanurao:
ManuRao Featured By Owner Mar 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
heavy metal is the perfect cure when Im depressed, is like charging my bateries (Im not a robot... well, i`m not sure about that XD)
:icontruesoprano:
TrueSoprano Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
TL;DR: OMG MAINSTREAM MUSIC SUCKS SLIPKNOT FOREVER!!!!!!!

But I actually like real metal. I saw Turisas last night.
:iconscottahemi:
ScottaHemi Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
CHROMIUM!

no classic car would be complete without it :gusta:
:iconsomnusvorus:
Somnusvorus Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013   Digital Artist
Strapping Young Lad
Devin Townsend
Fintroll
Korpiklaani (saw them live a few weeks ago)
Slayer
Megadeth
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Amon Amarth
Blind Guardian
Corrosion of Conformity
Children of Bodom
Alestorm, to name a few

I like metal because it's raw, primal, and fun. Metalheads also tend to be the nicest people you can come across in the music scene. The arrangements of metal can be very complicated with some bands, like Meshuggah, even using maths to come up with songs, which is interesting. Also, there is a lot of philosophy behind it, namely nihilism. :shrug:
:iconsomnusvorus:
Somnusvorus Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2013   Digital Artist
:bow:
:iconronin201:
Ronin201 Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013
I'm more of a classic metal guy, stuff like Megadeth and Judas Priest. But then again I like all sorts of stuff across the spectrum of rock music.
:iconagirafirewolf:
Agirafirewolf Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
nothing better. I love the feelings in some songs....you feel the pain. rwar. love it.
:iconwerewolfferret96:
Werewolfferret96 Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013
melodic metal is my favourite, but I still like the rest,but I don't listen to death and black metal though..
D is one of it, it's an asian band actually,but I like them because of their ability to harmonized classic like melody and the hard metal blows..
:icon3wyl:
3wyl Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I prefer more rock, I have to say. :nod:
MarioLuigi96 Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013
Ok then, who are your favourite rock bands? I might know some of them.:)
:icon3wyl:
3wyl Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I like Breaking Benjamin, Red, Lifehouse. :nod:
:iconmr-bigmouth-502:
mr-bigmouth-502 Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013
I like metal. It's not the main genre I listen to nowadays (mainly an industrial/alt rock person myself), but I do enjoy it. :D

Some bands I like include:

- Metallica
- Megadeth
- Pantera
- Ministry
- Slayer
- Celtic Frost
- Iron Maiden
- Children of Bodom
- Therion
- Nightwish
- Cryptopsy

and if you're willing to consider nu-metal/alternative metal

- KoRn
- Deftones
- System of a Down
- Tool
- Coal Chamber
- Disturbed
- Fear Factory
- Rammstein

and here are a few good bands/artists that aren't specifically metal, but they've done some good metal songs:

- Nine Inch Nails
- KMFDM
- Marilyn Manson
- Alice in Chains

Truthfully, I listen to nu/alternative metal a lot more than traditional metal, though Metallica seems to be the exception as it's the one band on this list I've listened to the most! :la:
:iconlouiseugeniojr:
LouisEugenioJR Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
My favorite heavy metal include Dethklok, Metallica, Disturbed, Mastodon, and Bullet For My Valentine.
:iconodalist:
Odalist Featured By Owner Mar 8, 2013
Facepalm is pretty good band, too. I have their demo from before they got famous.
Odalist Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013
That a cool Hot Topic inventory, glad folks are still finding work out there. :)

But what Metal bands do you like? I'm into Slayer, Emperor, Dismember, Burzum, Sarcofago, Demilich, Absu, Marduk, Immolation, Averse Sefira, Beherit, Dissection, Celtic Frost, Mayhem, Bathory, Necromantia, Graveland, Imprecation, Conqueror... and Black Sabbath, of course. AND fuckin' Iron Maiden. Steve Harris is the lord god almighty.
MarioLuigi96 Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013
OK, You're gonna have to explain to me what all this stuff about Hot Topic is :-?. We don't have it here in England, so I don't really get why everyone hates it, but which of the bands I listed would you consider the 'Hot Topic' bands?

Anyways, I will admit most of the bands you listed are ones I have heard of, but have never listened to. You seem to like black metal and classic metal, so even though those genres aren't really my cup of tea, it's good to see a metal fan anyway.
:iconadder-snakebite:
Adder-SnakeBite Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Metal, now that's REAL music :D
Nothing beats the sound of a screaming guitar...
Odalist Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013
Screaming guitars are pretty annoying out of context. If the entirety of Hell Awaits consisted of no instrumentation aside from atonal King/Hanneman leads, it would be boring.
Exactly! Who are your favourite bands?
Well, I won't try to convert you or anything, but you probably assume metal is a load of stupid noise. Some genres are, but listen to these two for a few minutes. You can at least appreciate the talent it takes to play.

[link]

[link]

Enjoy:D...or not...
Oops. That^ was meant to be a reply to StripedPower, so it wil be here twice. :(
:iconstripedpower:
StripedPower Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013   Digital Artist
:no:
Why do you disagree?
Heavy metal has nothing I'd consider "music". :p
OK then,so what music do you like, and what heavy metal have you heard?
I don't know what heavy metal I've heard, I just know that I dislike the genre. :shrug:

I don't like anything in particular.
Well, I won't try to convert you or anything, but you probably assume metal is a load of stupid noise. Sure, some genres are, but listen to these two for a few minutes. You can at least appreciate the talent it takes to play.

[link]

[link]

Enjoy:D...or not...

The first one was pretty cool (although a bit too dark), but the second one was just funny. I couldn't help but laugh at the guys. :lmao:

I guess I enjoyed the videos. Thanks. :XD:
Add a Comment: