Praise Bob Ross

Because I watch this [link] when I'm on an art block.
Comments70
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Bob Ross is Awesome.

The.

end.

[link]
lmao that was epic XD thanks for sharing that
"Trees don’t grow even. They don’t grow straight. Just however makes them happy."

Yes.
Such an awesome guy. :) Bob Ross and his happy little bushes will be missed. :aww:
couldnt agree with you more :)
"We don't make mistakes, we make happy accidents."

How can one not love that?
XD will forever love that
Happy trees everywhere!
He's amazing. Makes me feel a bit jealous though.
I've heard that he wasn't a painter but after he got back from Vietnam war(i hope it's correct) he started to paint as a hobby to forget the trauma from the war and stuffs,.. He's got REAL talent c;
yeah someone else mention that. I had no idea, from him being so hippyish you would never know he served the war.
Bob is god. I have a postcard I won from his website for answering the most questions right about Bob Ross that sits across from my bed and greets me every morning. I don't oil paint, paint landscapes or even want to paint like him -- Bob's style is very obvious, anyone can identity a painting using his techniques, and honestly usually amateur.  But it doesn't matter, I always watch. He's inspiring regardless of what art YOU do, which is what's so amazing about him.

Not to mention, no other art show has made me hang onto the edge of my seat wondering what brush stroke he's gonna use yet. He can literally change an entire painting from a bunch of blobby shapes to a masterpiece scenery with two flicks of his wrist, it's insane. I'm always mesmerized with how simple his finishing touches are that transform his paintings.
oh wow that's awesome.
Yes he is very inspiring. He made art seem more enjoyable even if you make accidents they are just happy mistakes. Watching him paint, you think he messes up at first putting a big blotch of black or green and with the next color he uses or paint stroke it comes out to be something even more beautiful like a tree or a mountain. I will forever love his work.
Bob Ross was quite possibly the avatar of some kind of art-god. Sadly in the UK, they only show him at stupid O clock in the morning... :-(

I still love the little scene they did of him in Family Guy...

"You can have a little bush down here.. just between us. It's totally up to you. But if you tell anyone about that little bush, I will find you, and I will CUT you...."
yeah I remember had to get up early in the morn to watch him.
But Bob was good to watch start out my days.

haha didn't see that but i did see this [link]
I just watched that and it made me laugh so hard
:iconbob-rossplz: Now we're going to add some happy little trees.
he just doesn't have his almighty paint brush

[link]
He's perfectly fine without. :P
I remember watching Bob Ross when I was really little, maybe 4-5 years old and just being astounded that someone could paint something like what he did so quickly
I'm really hoping [link] influenced this :shifty:

Anyway yes I have all the memories of his landscape techniques :dummy:
Bob Ross is the man.