The New Submit Page

I :heart: the new submit page!

There's a lot of negativity surrounding it - time for some positivity! :love:

What do you like about the new submit page? Even if you don't like the feature as a whole - look at it with an unbiased point of view and share a few things you do like about it! There must be something. ;)

What I like the most is the fact that it's "smart" - it'll give you options relevant to your submission! I also really like that when selecting a category, you are immediately shown a description and preview images. While I would prefer if the colours matched the rest of the site, I really like the fresh layout!

Go on - share with us what you like about the page! :eager:
Comments52
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Thought it was weird at first being all white and stuff but I'm quite happy with it now I especially like how I can simply drag the pic to upload box and it lets you save some settings :D
Although I have to admit I don't absolutely love the new submission page, I do like that it's more convenient than the old one. I can submit deviations easier and choosing a category is much less time-consuming than it used to be.
A lot of people complain about it not being "DeviantART Green" but I personally don't see why that's a problem. I really don't mind white at all.
And as a final comment, I like the new preview image feature as well. It helps you get a better idea of what you're going to see when you click on a deviation. :)
I feel I am opened minded but this really is bad.I'm tried and read and read. I can't submit it tell me I can't do this and that. It wants me to change my browser . What and lose my bookmarks???? I'm not sure my Macbook will up grade. It is wrong to force me to use a browser that is not my choice. I still unable to upload anything??????? But you want me to be openminded?
I think I like it :)
I love it.  I am a beta-tester on my Alt, and was a non-tester on this account.  So, I had the new one for a while, but just on that account.  Once I got used to the new one, I liked it MUCH better.  So much I would get irritated when I had to use the old one on my 123 account . LOL!

There are a few things I don't like.  I don't like you can't upload more than one piece (only through Stash), but that's a small complaint to the overall ease of it.  It really is muc better.
I don't see what the big hooplah is. People are getting all ticked off over nothing O.o At least from what I see, there's no problems on my end. I L-O-V-E the category searches, saves me a TON of time. I really like the improvements!
I know right? :lol: I love it too! :love:
YAY :D I think it's a nice change, but I like change sooo :P
I like it. I usually submit with sta.sh, but I think that the new submit page is interesting. And easy to work with. It is, however, buggy; but I know it will be improved :)
First thing I noticed, the gallery suggestions, which in my opinion is :thumbsup:
Maybe, just maybe, people will try to submit correctly in the future :D
The only thing that didn't work for me is to upload my films. It took half an hour to upload a 40mb file and then it stopped at 'processing the video'..but I really hope they'll fix that :(
I've read some of the comments on the announcement article and maaan, people are complaining like hell! :lol:
haha, yeah that thing is really thumbsup! :icongood2plz:

Sounds like a bug for the films :( I was thinking of maybe joining the film community, do videos like you and Olivia do, maybe I'll wait until the bug is fixed first :P

I was reading the comments on the article too .. I can't believe people get so annoyed over a new feature :lol:
Yaaaay! Yes, do that! It's always good to try new things, see if you like doing them or not :dance:
I decided I'm going to upload some films that I did during school, but I don't have them all and I need to recover them from the directors :lol:
People always get annoyed, and if this update(or any update) wouldn't have come up, there would be lots of complaints on why doesn't deviantart improve something. So they'll never be satisfied with anything, internet life is so hard :lol:
I already got some video yesterday :dance: I think I will need to get some more, but hopefully I can do it soon :)
Do you still have your invite to the film community? :meow: If so, can I have it? :aww:

Haha, I know right? So hard for the internet websites to make something everyone likes :lol: The sad thing is that dA actually asks for feedback whereas other websites don't, and don't even tell you about bugs and such :lol:
Done!:dance: :aww:
I'm still waiting to upload my film until they fix the preview frames, `phoenixleo contacted the help desk, and I'm going to ask them about this if it doesn't get resolved(I like to think that they are aware of it and I don't have to bug them:P). So you may want to wait until the previews are fixed if you don't want random frames as previews(mine started with a black frame every time I uploaded the film, so I had nothing to do:P).
:D
Thank you! :dance: Just accepted it :aww:
Now this gives me a really good excuse to make my film :P

Haha, I will have to wait then :lol: Hopefully it will be fixed by the time my film is ready :D
I liek it too! :la:
Sometimes it bugs out, but I don't hate on it. : D
Yup, can't expect everything to be perfect first go! :la: I trust that they are working their hardest on it :nod:
:eager: :w00t: dA must have some smexy interfayse designers. :
Haha, "interfayse", oh my :rofl:
You really have a good sense of humor :giggle:
The new submit page Is awesome
Sometimes I get problems with it... due to my Internet provider who's charging me too highly for such a low connection speed.

However, I love the new page. I like the way it's organized, into steps, and it makes it hell of a lot easier to select folders, groups etc. I also love the fact that I can save my submission to sta.sh anytime, without having to upload it. It comes in handy when I'm submitting literature or when I need to add something to the comments, well, for any last-minute improvements as well :D

I don't get the whole lot of hate the new submit page gets, but I guess people are still grumpy because they don't have the old one.
I'm glad to be a beta tester, I had much more time to adjust to it :XD: