Link

Statistics

Replies: 51

The New Submit Page

:iconmiontre:
miontre Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I :heart: the new submit page!

There's a lot of negativity surrounding it - time for some positivity! :love:

What do you like about the new submit page? Even if you don't like the feature as a whole - look at it with an unbiased point of view and share a few things you do like about it! There must be something. ;)

What I like the most is the fact that it's "smart" - it'll give you options relevant to your submission! I also really like that when selecting a category, you are immediately shown a description and preview images. While I would prefer if the colours matched the rest of the site, I really like the fresh layout!

Go on - share with us what you like about the page! :eager:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconhydroenki:
HydroENKI Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Thought it was weird at first being all white and stuff but I'm quite happy with it now I especially like how I can simply drag the pic to upload box and it lets you save some settings :D
:icondrag0nblade:
DRAG0NBLADE Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Although I have to admit I don't absolutely love the new submission page, I do like that it's more convenient than the old one. I can submit deviations easier and choosing a category is much less time-consuming than it used to be.
A lot of people complain about it not being "DeviantART Green" but I personally don't see why that's a problem. I really don't mind white at all.
And as a final comment, I like the new preview image feature as well. It helps you get a better idea of what you're going to see when you click on a deviation. :)
:iconlion6255:
Lion6255 Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I feel I am opened minded but this really is bad.I'm tried and read and read. I can't submit it tell me I can't do this and that. It wants me to change my browser . What and lose my bookmarks???? I'm not sure my Macbook will up grade. It is wrong to force me to use a browser that is not my choice. I still unable to upload anything??????? But you want me to be openminded?
:iconregularjane:
regularjane Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I think I like it :)
:iconmirz123:
Mirz123 Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013
I love it.  I am a beta-tester on my Alt, and was a non-tester on this account.  So, I had the new one for a while, but just on that account.  Once I got used to the new one, I liked it MUCH better.  So much I would get irritated when I had to use the old one on my 123 account . LOL!

There are a few things I don't like.  I don't like you can't upload more than one piece (only through Stash), but that's a small complaint to the overall ease of it.  It really is muc better.
:iconpetits-bonheurs:
petits-bonheurs Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I don't see what the big hooplah is. People are getting all ticked off over nothing O.o At least from what I see, there's no problems on my end. I L-O-V-E the category searches, saves me a TON of time. I really like the improvements!
miontre Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I know right? :lol: I love it too! :love:
:iconpetits-bonheurs:
petits-bonheurs Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
YAY :D I think it's a nice change, but I like change sooo :P
miontre Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Lol :P
:icondianagrigore:
DianaGrigore Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
I like it. I usually submit with sta.sh, but I think that the new submit page is interesting. And easy to work with. It is, however, buggy; but I know it will be improved :)
First thing I noticed, the gallery suggestions, which in my opinion is :thumbsup:
Maybe, just maybe, people will try to submit correctly in the future :D
The only thing that didn't work for me is to upload my films. It took half an hour to upload a 40mb file and then it stopped at 'processing the video'..but I really hope they'll fix that :(
I've read some of the comments on the announcement article and maaan, people are complaining like hell! :lol:
miontre Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
haha, yeah that thing is really thumbsup! :icongood2plz:

Sounds like a bug for the films :( I was thinking of maybe joining the film community, do videos like you and Olivia do, maybe I'll wait until the bug is fixed first :P

I was reading the comments on the article too .. I can't believe people get so annoyed over a new feature :lol:
DianaGrigore Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013
Yaaaay! Yes, do that! It's always good to try new things, see if you like doing them or not :dance:
I decided I'm going to upload some films that I did during school, but I don't have them all and I need to recover them from the directors :lol:
People always get annoyed, and if this update(or any update) wouldn't have come up, there would be lots of complaints on why doesn't deviantart improve something. So they'll never be satisfied with anything, internet life is so hard :lol:
I already got some video yesterday :dance: I think I will need to get some more, but hopefully I can do it soon :)
Do you still have your invite to the film community? :meow: If so, can I have it? :aww:

Haha, I know right? So hard for the internet websites to make something everyone likes :lol: The sad thing is that dA actually asks for feedback whereas other websites don't, and don't even tell you about bugs and such :lol:
DianaGrigore Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013
Done!:dance: :aww:
I'm still waiting to upload my film until they fix the preview frames, `phoenixleo contacted the help desk, and I'm going to ask them about this if it doesn't get resolved(I like to think that they are aware of it and I don't have to bug them:P). So you may want to wait until the previews are fixed if you don't want random frames as previews(mine started with a black frame every time I uploaded the film, so I had nothing to do:P).
:D
miontre Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Thank you! :dance: Just accepted it :aww:
Now this gives me a really good excuse to make my film :P

Haha, I will have to wait then :lol: Hopefully it will be fixed by the time my film is ready :D
:iconastrikos:
Astrikos Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013   General Artist
I liek it too! :la:
Sometimes it bugs out, but I don't hate on it. : D
Yup, can't expect everything to be perfect first go! :la: I trust that they are working their hardest on it :nod:
Astrikos Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013   General Artist
:eager: :w00t: dA must have some smexy interfayse designers. :
Haha, "interfayse", oh my :rofl:
You really have a good sense of humor :giggle:
Astrikos Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013   General Artist
:giggle: thankies :la:
:iconbarnowlgurl23:
barnowlgurl23 Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The new submit page Is awesome
I agree! :highfive:
:iconbarnowlgurl23:
barnowlgurl23 Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Me too
:icondaystar-art:
Daystar-Art Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Sometimes I get problems with it... due to my Internet provider who's charging me too highly for such a low connection speed.

However, I love the new page. I like the way it's organized, into steps, and it makes it hell of a lot easier to select folders, groups etc. I also love the fact that I can save my submission to sta.sh anytime, without having to upload it. It comes in handy when I'm submitting literature or when I need to add something to the comments, well, for any last-minute improvements as well :D

I don't get the whole lot of hate the new submit page gets, but I guess people are still grumpy because they don't have the old one.
I'm glad to be a beta tester, I had much more time to adjust to it :XD:
It seems a lot of people are getting bugs with it, but I think most of the people complaining just don't like change :XD: Also, people who refuse to update their browsers aren't in a position to complain because dA shouldn't be held back by people with old browsers.
:icondaystar-art:
Daystar-Art Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I've had this discussion with =Alien-Piglet about browsers, she tried different ones with dA, and it seems Opera is cooperating the most. And it updates in no time :la:
And I do believe it's true, about change. My country's been in the Eastern block for some fifty years, and the older people here still complain about the present times and want the old order. While I'm dead sure they've been complaining then, too. Human nature, what to say. Well I like the new page, and I appreciate every effort of the people who brought it to us. It's about showing respect as well.
:iconsasha-nbt:
Sasha-NBT Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
Wasn't green color a TradeMark of DeviantArt? It feels like you moved away from your home.
Oh, and right now it doesn't work. I click "upload", choose the file and absolutely nothing happens. I chose to assume it's a PROBLEMS ON SERVER or something in that nature. So I will leave now, and try again later. And then tell you what happen.

Sorry for off-topic and kinda rough language. The Hater's forum is closed because of, you know, too much haters
Yeah, it is really, I wish they had used green :nod: Maybe they will try green in future, who knows. But by then, people will be used to it blue and will complain haha :lmao:

There was a bug before which made you click the submit button twice before it uploaded, but it is fixed now I think :nod:
:iconsasha-nbt:
Sasha-NBT Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
It is still have problems uploading. Even thru Stash.
Although what I did earlier was, I tried sending the picture via e-mail to Stash (Profile Settings) before I logged out. When I logged in ~5 hours later the picture was in Stash folder available for editing and submitting. Tags, Categories, Mature Content - everything else seemed to work fine.
:iconvalasedai:
ValaSedai Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The preview images for each category are pretty handy. It'll hopefully also avoid some misctas in the future. :)
unless the miscats get popular! :lol: Haha :P
:iconvalasedai:
ValaSedai Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
haha xD
Maybe eventually it'll be made possible though to have some specific works as stickies there since even right now not all of the examples are accurate. :noes:
That's a really good idea! :)
Yeah, I think those are awesome! :nod:
:iconco-phantom:
Co-Phantom Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well, I can't say much until I actually do use it. But it does look a bit more organized. :nod:
I think it is pretty cool :nod:
:iconhead-in-the-cloud:
head-in-the-cloud Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013   Photographer
I'm in love in it! It's clear and easy :aww:
I agree with you! :nod: Really nice interface :D
:iconhead-in-the-cloud:
head-in-the-cloud Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013   Photographer
:aww:
:iconwwwjam:
wwwjam Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Student Digital Artist
My sole complaint is the Folder and License options being in pop-down menus. They could have stayed bubble selects, but I guess if someone has an absurd amount of folders, that could get messy.
Still, the license and sharing options, what's up with those.

Otherwise I like it. It's basically the Sta.sh page which, while I at first wasn't keen on, grew to like. Not having to do a 3-4 step process just to submit something on a clean interface is a plus in my book.

I'm fine with the color, honestly.
I guess it would be better if the folder and licensing were not in drop-down menus, since unexplorative people could miss them that way :hmm:
Also the downloads button is hidden in the top right. I almost missed it the first time. Actually, I did miss it, I had to edit my submission when I saw the download button was there.
:iconauxeru:
auxeru Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
Don't mind the layout, I just wish it was green. :P
Lol, me too :P
:icontheworldisbehindus:
theworldisbehindus Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I haven't really submitted anything with it yet but I like that the "mature content or not" options comes up directly under the submission (as opposed to on the bottom of the page like it was before). Seems a little more intuitive. I'll have to actually submit something for real to form an opinion on it as a whole though.
I think it is quite an intuitive system :nod:
:iconkurakuraji:
Kurakuraji Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013
Wa, I didn't know it changed till now :wow: I kinda wish the colour was green like before, but it does look more organized than before. I need to try it out soon when I can :iconiseeplz:
Haha, that's because they had only just changed it when I made this thread :giggle:
I wish the colour was green too :D
Kurakuraji Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
Oh I see :D Maybe someday it will be green again and not an outcast :iconmanlytearsplz:
I made a browser extension which will make it green like the rest of dA - you can find it here! I hope it's useful ;)
Kurakuraji Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013
Aww that's so kind of you! Thank you :hug:
Add a Comment: