Link

Statistics

Replies: 51

The New Submit Page

:iconmiontre:
miontre Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I :heart: the new submit page!

There's a lot of negativity surrounding it - time for some positivity! :love:

What do you like about the new submit page? Even if you don't like the feature as a whole - look at it with an unbiased point of view and share a few things you do like about it! There must be something. ;)

What I like the most is the fact that it's "smart" - it'll give you options relevant to your submission! I also really like that when selecting a category, you are immediately shown a description and preview images. While I would prefer if the colours matched the rest of the site, I really like the fresh layout!

Go on - share with us what you like about the page! :eager:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconhydroenki:
HydroENKI Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Thought it was weird at first being all white and stuff but I'm quite happy with it now I especially like how I can simply drag the pic to upload box and it lets you save some settings :D
:icondrag0nblade:
DRAG0NBLADE Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Although I have to admit I don't absolutely love the new submission page, I do like that it's more convenient than the old one. I can submit deviations easier and choosing a category is much less time-consuming than it used to be.
A lot of people complain about it not being "DeviantART Green" but I personally don't see why that's a problem. I really don't mind white at all.
And as a final comment, I like the new preview image feature as well. It helps you get a better idea of what you're going to see when you click on a deviation. :)
:iconlion6255:
Lion6255 Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I feel I am opened minded but this really is bad.I'm tried and read and read. I can't submit it tell me I can't do this and that. It wants me to change my browser . What and lose my bookmarks???? I'm not sure my Macbook will up grade. It is wrong to force me to use a browser that is not my choice. I still unable to upload anything??????? But you want me to be openminded?
:iconregularjane:
regularjane Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I think I like it :)
:iconmirz123:
Mirz123 Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013
I love it.  I am a beta-tester on my Alt, and was a non-tester on this account.  So, I had the new one for a while, but just on that account.  Once I got used to the new one, I liked it MUCH better.  So much I would get irritated when I had to use the old one on my 123 account . LOL!

There are a few things I don't like.  I don't like you can't upload more than one piece (only through Stash), but that's a small complaint to the overall ease of it.  It really is muc better.
:iconpetits-bonheurs:
petits-bonheurs Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I don't see what the big hooplah is. People are getting all ticked off over nothing O.o At least from what I see, there's no problems on my end. I L-O-V-E the category searches, saves me a TON of time. I really like the improvements!
miontre Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I know right? :lol: I love it too! :love:
:iconpetits-bonheurs:
petits-bonheurs Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
YAY :D I think it's a nice change, but I like change sooo :P
miontre Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Lol :P
:icondianagrigore:
DianaGrigore Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Professional Photographer
I like it. I usually submit with sta.sh, but I think that the new submit page is interesting. And easy to work with. It is, however, buggy; but I know it will be improved :)
First thing I noticed, the gallery suggestions, which in my opinion is :thumbsup:
Maybe, just maybe, people will try to submit correctly in the future :D
The only thing that didn't work for me is to upload my films. It took half an hour to upload a 40mb file and then it stopped at 'processing the video'..but I really hope they'll fix that :(
I've read some of the comments on the announcement article and maaan, people are complaining like hell! :lol:
Add a Comment: