Details

Closed to new replies
January 16, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6

Praise pietà's!

:iconmeinesehnsucht:
Nothing makes me more emotional than paintings or sculpture that depict Virgin Mary with the dead Jesus in her arms. Or maybe the cross traversing, cause I know Mary will be there, dead Jesus in her arms. It's so sad, but that makes it wonderful art. Praise pietā's!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconberlinbuenosayres:
well, the sculpture sure is nice. i'd never thought about the jesus and mary connection before, in that sense. i guess i don't really know their story enough to pass the feelings onto me. what do you think about the countless homages of the pietā, when it's not actually jesus and mary there, but other personas playing it?
I don't really know those kind of pičtas much. But I took a look inside a late gothic church yesterday and I just had to cry at the stations of the cross and most of all at the pičta. Afterwards, I went to a museum and there were also pičtas. That got quite emotional. I mean, what did those bastards do to that boy? He's got a mother, he's got friends and they're all sad. :(
:iconoprahwinfreyx:
OprahWinfreyX Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I have a sister named Petra, any relation between the two words?
I don't know. Look it up or something. :D
:iconobsidian-nightfall:
Obsidian-Nightfall Jan 16, 2013  Student Writer
This is surprising coming from you Maarten. I didn't think you cared for that sort of thing.
Man, I just love religious art. It's a thing that has developed in my early youth. I'm as much a catholic as an atheist. Don't you like pietās, Dom?
Add a Comment: