Closed to new replies
January 9, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 61

Praise fat cats.

:iconalyces:
Alyces Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Student General Artist
Can't live without those giant creatures of fluff.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconhannahbanana1984:
HannahBanana1984 Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013
I've got a very fat one. She has the softest fur.
:iconpaintingsaint:
PaintingSaint Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013   Digital Artist
Amen and amen. Except when they're on top of you, and you really need to get out of bed, and you don't want to wake them up.

For being so fat, they can be surprisingly fast.
:iconmini-wolfsbane:
Mini-Wolfsbane Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
My cat is carrying extra fluff and lots of attitude. When we went to the vet, they said he wieghed a whopping 14 pounds (before that it was only 12) and said it would be a problem if he got any heavier (this I can believe because he is spoiled and eats too much, but I try to curb that.)

Unfortunately he is not a cuddly cat, but I hold him anyway...even if he hates me for it. :D :love:
:iconreicheru-ketsueki:
Reicheru-Ketsueki Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist Filmographer
<3 they damn kawaii
:icongreenwickpress:
GreenwickPress Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013
Yay for fat kitties!

Ths is an extremely riveting video of mine being lazy.
[link]

He does play quite a bit and runs around all the time, but when it comes to the snail he just sits and watches.
:iconalyces:
Alyces Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013  Student General Artist
d'aawwwww :D
:iconsadistskunk:
SadistSkunk Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
:iconomgewplz: No!
The fat feels gross when you pet them, their fur is gross because they can't wash themselves
and they're probably unhappy about not being able to run and jump.
Please stop overfeeding your pets..
GreenwickPress Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013
My fat cat is very clean and is not overfed. He is very active, and jumps around just fine. I also have a cat that is skin and bones - who eats out of the same bowl as the other one, and who eats the same amount as him. Both have been looked over by vets a number of times, and they are both healthy. Their diets are monitored, and I often look for what more I can do.

With that said, I love my fat kitty. There are things about fat squishy cats that are adorable. I'm reasonably sure that no one here is advocating feeding a cat until it is fat in order to have a fat cat, but rather are appreciating the cats they happen to have in the state they are in.
:iconsadistskunk:
SadistSkunk Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Hmm.. I don't have much experience with cats, but from what I've heard, it's pretty bad for them to be overweight.
And most people that have fat cats just feed them too much and don't play with them enough.
There's a big difference between a slightly overweight cat and one that's morbidly obese though..
Me and the rest of my family inherited a very very overweight cat from my grandmother when she died.
The cat was clearly suffering from her condition and we had to wash her with a washing-cloth to keep her from getting too gross.
She lost some weight now, but she's still way too fat..
GreenwickPress Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013
it is true that there are health standards for cats. It may or may not be true that most owners who ave fat cats overfeed them, but I have no stats on the subject to illuminate matters. Even if that is true, that doesn't mean the commenters here are those types of owners. Also, keep in mind that people used the term fat, not morbidly obese, and that at can mean anything from slightly overweight to really very overweight - so if you mean morbidly obese, use that ohrase instead.

You inherited a cat who was overweight, but you haven't experienced the phenomenon of having a cute kitten blossom into a fat kitty despite everything you have tried to make that not happen. Part of it may actually be the food the owners are feeding the cats instead of the amounts (Because many cat foods are made with fillers, and the cheaper ones tend to have a poorer nutritional balance.). Some cats ave arthrits and other such problems, which lead to lowered activity. Some cats have food allergies, which as I understand it can lead to weight gain. If you are the owner if a cat who has some unknown medical problem, it is hard to figure out what exactly is wrong can be difficult. Of it can't be fixed, then it's best to love te cat and care for them as best you are able.

I was the co owner of another fat cat who was leash trained, and who I woud take on walks for extra exercise. I worried a lot about people coming up to me and hassling me because te cat was fat. I also had a hard time posting videos of him online, because I didn't want random internet strangers accusing me of abuse. That kind of advice didn't make him weigh less or be any healhier.
Add a Comment: