Closed to new replies
January 2, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

Praise Atkins and Weight Loss

:iconuriahgallery:
UriahGallery Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I have been overweight all of my life. I found Atkins and it has helped me lose weight. 35lbs and counting! :D I've always had problems with over eating. Low calorie diets just wouldn't work for me. Since I have switched to low carb, my life has changed. My pants are trying to swallow me, I do not breath hard when walking for a long distance, I have WAY more energy, and....I EAT LESS! :D I have the occasional cheat day every 2 months or so, where I will have a pizza or something from Gatti Town. I also cheat on Holidays. It hasn't hindered my weight loss any. Can't wait until I am allowed to introduce whole grains back into my diet. I am still in phase one. :omg: All desires for snacks vanished by week two on Atkins by the way. It's a VERY easy diet, or should I say lifestyle, to follow. :nod:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconeldingagunman:
Atkins = ok. Paleo = FTW!
Good for you you found something that works for you, though. PRAISE BE UNTO LOW-CARB DIETS.
I actually eat both ways. =D More of Atkins though, but Paleo is what my uncle uses. I would love to have an actual hunter-gatherer lifestyle. Survivalist FTW, but that is for a different time and thread. ^^;
:iconsomnusvorus:
Somnusvorus Jan 2, 2013   Digital Artist
You're better off eating a well balanced diet, sensibly portioned meals, cut out the crap and have regular exercise. ie; walking or cycle to school or work. =S But yay for losing weight though!
Nah, it works for me, that's all that matters. haha Atkins has several phases. I'm still in phase one until I have only 30lbs left to lose. In the last phase, which is maintenance phase, you're allowed to have every food group. :nod: I've always had problems with eating too much. Going back for seconds, thirds, etc. It's a strong temptation. Low carbs and high fat/protein has diminished my urge for doing that. I literally couldn't resist going back for that extra handful of chips, or that extra slice of cake during party's. Now anyone can eat whatever in front of me, and I have no desires. It's quite amazing. :)I haven't really done any exercise since I started. Only the occasional walk. My new year's resolution is to take 60min walks or jogs every day. :nod:
Somnusvorus Jan 4, 2013   Digital Artist
I never really had a problem with my weight, apart from when I had gastritis for a year and I lost a stone and made me very underweight, but I have a fast metabolism and if I don't eat regularly, I end up feeling very sick. I cycle so I have a bit of muscle mass. =B

There is this supplement called, chromium. My mother takes it and it helps diminish the need for sugar. It might help you out for the sugar cravings. =]

I wish you success!
UriahGallery Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I don't have sugar cravings. ^^; It's quite the opposite actually. o-o I can't eat too much or I get sick. I can eat tons of other stuff though. (Carb things, like breads, pizzas, starchy vegetables, etc.) Basically what I was eating before is now making me lose weight, minus the carbs and such. I can now enjoy pork chops, sausage, bacon, eggs, burgers, and such without feeling guilty. haha All cravings for carb-filled things disappeared after the first two weeks. I am against taking supplements. :/ I like to be natural. ^^ I don't even take pain meds such as Tylenol.
Somnusvorus Jan 4, 2013   Digital Artist
White meat has very low calorie and fat count. I eat a lot of chicken... because red meat is too expensive. Now and then, I would make up my own home made stews and bolognese with beef in them. Where I live, I have little choice but to take Vitamin D tablets because the sun is a rare thing. I haven't seen it in a month because of rain and cloud. :saddummy:
:iconself-epidemic:
Self-Epidemic Jan 2, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
I found drinking water and not eating crap helps me lose weight. Weight loss isn't a crazy un-known science, eat less that your outgoings, your body will use its stores.
:iconmacerider:
MaceRider Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
That's nice.
Add a Comment: