Closed to new replies
January 1, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 71

Praise dA

:iconshehrozeameen:
shehrozeameen Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
For the whole time that I've spent here, I've honestly never had one moment when I didn't feel out of place or out of context.

And honestly, that's the best part of dA - it becomes a part of you, that you always know will help you get through the worst parts of your days... and smile through the gathering storm...

I've felt a significant change in myself after coming on dA... both as a person, and as an artist... and I hope to continue this optimistic trend in 2013.

Cheers :devart:. You're the best thing that came in my life.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconshadowflashdabearded:
Only forum that matches the actually description of the parent forum.
shehrozeameen Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
*nodding*
:iconnotensmsk:
NotenSMSK Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I won't go into long details but I see some people not really satisfied with the goings around here. That is sad. I am acquainted with some Admins who perhaps don't do the "technical" stuf but they sure so a lot. I like the interaction. And if someon complaints about the tickets taking time, mine took almost two months but I realized that at times we, the members, can be so unreasonable that they have to spend a lot of time looking at pety issues. We have to respect that fact that perhaps other than some delays, things work well. Bugs are sorted, the community is running well. In essense, the Admins don't have to interact with the dA population. Only interaction with a properly selected 0.1 to 1% (roughly 20000 to 200000 people) of the community can give them essential info to keep such a big community running. They still allow interaction at many levels. I am enjoying this place and at times have issues with chosen DD's and stuff but they are just opinions.
shehrozeameen Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Well said :)

Couldn't have put it better myself ^_^
:iconnotensmsk:
NotenSMSK Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
:nod: ignore people who need a lot of explination unless they are new on dA.
So I did...
:iconsevmd:
SEVMD Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I would like to say that DA is part of my life but its more like something that makes me happy a lot of the times
When I interact I get good responses, though I've had bad times from some deviants

Art theft cannot be helped unfortunately :shrug: I mean, you can't just go ban everyone who claims is an art thief. They need to do background check and stuff. Plus I see that they are looking for staff (somewhere in the website if forgot) so its highly likely they are short on people in the website who can help.

If I can be part of the DA staff I would probably fix the Art theft really quickly ._. If they have a job for that XD
Then maybe people would stop closing their accounts because of their art being stolen ;^;
Count me in then. I've had such experiences too.

They'll probably have something for it...
:iconsevmd:
SEVMD Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Apparently not XD I just checked
and if I wanted to be a volunteer... damn another 3 more years for me ._.
... hmm... interesting... and sad...

:iconherotimeplz:
:iconbi0terr0r:
BI0TERR0R Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Are you fucking serious?
shehrozeameen Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
why do you think otherwise?
BI0TERR0R Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Because the admins don't do their jobs properly.
shehrozeameen Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
The admins haven't interfered in my business, and I've never found reason to bug them.

They keep this place running, and its been running fine in my opinion. And by the opinion of other people who've been reading this forum post as well.

And, ummm... when things don't work out, they have something called... a "help" desk... with some very fine "FAQ"s as well... I've been doing fine because they were concisely told.

And they do interact... those big news articles they put up, that creative grants programme, the Tokyo Zephyr contest... Clive Barker coming ... Sta.sh... More Like This... and even basic running... And even aside from them, they have deviations which, if you look into, they respond to what people write about their works.

Again, its just an opinion.
BI0TERR0R Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Yes they have to do something with the money they take from their users, and that goes to keeping this place running. Good job!

But what about the countless amounts of art-theft that is plastered all over the site? Or the fact that they often change their 'rules' so that they don't have to do as much work.

And, um, yeah there's something called the help desk. Do you know how long the wait is to receive a ticket back from them? I know that that they're only human, though that doesn't excuse a months wait on a simple ticket.

That's not interacting really.
Not really.
:iconstripedpower:
StripedPower Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013   Digital Artist
I think that's a bit exaggerated. But praise anyways. :p
shehrozeameen Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
... How so...?
I wouldn't say dA became a part of me. I find that silly. Nor that it helps me get through the worst parts of my days.
... then...

I don't quite follow. Alright, dA doesn't help you to get through the worst parts of your days, that I understand.

But the first seems... personal... speaks from experience...
I don't think it's good to let a website warp your mind and your life so much to the point you think it's part of you.
Oh... in that sense.

... I'm in two minds; a part of me does agree with you that a website should be... just that... a website... but a part of me disagrees with you... because dA's more of a forum, than a website per say... though saying forum and website are two different things is in itself a big clerical error, since forums are websites (not websites are forums, the umbrella being websites).

I feel... its more of a distraction. It varies from user to user, in my opinion; I keep myself towards a certain variety of literature and art and animation, which can have some use later onwards... and in the process, I've actually met a few deviants here from my field (which has helped).

I agree, its addictive - I spend a lot of time on dA. but then again, there's facebook... wordpress... twitter... blogger... Google+... blogger... uncyclopedia... I know my friends who literally waste their time on fb and twitter... so relative to the evils that are in my part of the world, I feel dA's better.

dA did change me, because it was one of the few places where I didn't hide anything. I'm very honest here. Right down to a fault... I suppose, its about what're the other person's priorities per say...

Sharing experiences, talking about what I have and what I don't... even the emoticons... dA has in a way, resurrected me. I used to be a quiet, very freakishly creepy weirdo in my school. What dA did to me, helped me in making friends in my own uni and from my own childhood with whom I've found something to ponder with... all of us love literature, and all of us love the arts, so this place helps in becoming a common grounds, just to build up on some laughing moments...

Its... how do I put it... its kinda like kit-kat or coca-cola; its a buzzword so to speak.

But that's my side speaking. I'm not saying I'm right - this is purely opinion. I'm just saying what my experience here has brought to me...
I wasn't expecting such a long reply. :iconwalloftextplz: You're giving too much thought to this.

dA has helped me too, in accelerating the process of self-improvement I had started some years ago. Now, it's like the homepage of the internet for me. But I don't get all obsessed with it.

And dA is not a forum, it's an online community focused on art.

I notice you use the "..." a lot. That denotes insecurity.
sorry ... lol... I tend to write long responses... its a force of habit...

oh... fair enough...

that's true, yes, but... online communities have forums too... I mean, we're literally talking in a forum...

To be honest, I speak slowly in real life when putting an emphasis on points... hence I add breaks between what I'm saying and what I'm thinking... which is why I put ellipses in every sentence...

I tend to be insecure, I'll accept that part.
(1 Reply)
:iconmangasockattack:
mangasockattack Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I truly and totally agree~
shehrozeameen Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
:) awesome.
:iconastrikos:
Astrikos Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013   General Artist
:la: I love this place.
:dalove:
shehrozeameen Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I love it too

*joins in dA hug*
Astrikos Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013   General Artist
:glomp:
:) *blush* thanks.
:hug:
:hug:
:)
:)
:iconcrazie-girl:
Crazie-Girl Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
:squee:
:squee: is soo cute...

emoticons of dA be the love, I swear.
:iconcrazie-girl:
Crazie-Girl Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
:iconflywatchplz: I think this one is cute!
.... lol cute.
:icondannymechanist:
DannyMechanist Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
:love: dA
:) Truly
DannyMechanist Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
:P
:fork: =p

:ninjabattle:

Oh... and another thing... :hug: fuck what happpened yesterday, we be awesome :D

... by the way, what happened yesterday?
DannyMechanist Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
no clue =P
shehrozeameen Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
no clue indeed =p
:iconscilent-toaster:
Scilent-Toaster Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Student Photographer
DA is amazing. I can agree to that completely. c:
:) Good to know :)
:iconjade-abarai-kat:
Jade-Abarai-Kat Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
True that!
:nod: verily
:iconsachi-pon:
Sachi-pon Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
i agree! sometimes there has been drama, but mostly, da is full of lots of great people and i've made many friends! plus, there are so many people who inspire me, so many amazing artists whom i look up to. those people help me learn! my improvement as an artist grew more after i joined da than before.

and interacting with people- even the once i have had arguments with- has taught me so much. interacting with people who like me, people who have no opinion of me, people who don't like me- it's all so interesting.

and, there are many opportunities to work with others on various art projects <333

i've been on da 5 years and it's been an adventure. i plan to stay here for a long time!! ^___^
That is so true... right down to the arguments.

lol the arguments were epic... seriously, the keyboard wars were epic; other times, just watching the noobs make an argument at times was.... :facepalm: but worth every minute. Honestly...

that's what makes this place special... the people... all of them have something interesting to offer... especially the projects... worth every minute given.

five years? That's quite a long while... congrats for that :)
:iconlightoverpowers58:
LightOverpowers58 Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Student Writer
Well said!
Add a Comment: